Wenger speaks on Diaby horror tackle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsene Wenger has finally come up with a fresh variation on "I did not see it":

I don’t think Diaby’s tackle was malicious, it was more protective.

He hit him, but it was not comparable to what happened a few weeks ago. The tackle was a fraction high.

Oh, Arsene. You're an utter douche. And everything is right with the world.

Comment

Bloody hell, that man is a shitbag. I think I'd prefer it if he'd continue to feign myopia.

Comment

I'm not sure if this is a little unfair on Wenger. I saw the interview on Match of the Day and Wenger had no problems about the sending off. He said it was a definite red-card, and he had no complaints. His point was that it wasn't a tackle that set out to injure, which he's bound to say and which every manager says.

Comment

Good God. What's happened to me?

Comment

Completely unnecessary. The gooner cnut factor has been riding high and didn't need topping up. What a waste.

Comment

As soon as I saw that tackle, I knew that the Arsenal haters would find any way they possibly could to make unfavourable comparisons with the Eduardo incident.

EIM is bang on the money.

Comment

Even Wenger couldn't pretend to miss this one it was virtually right in front of him. What bugged me was that he then proceeded to harangue the fourth official about the red card right up until half time. I just thought it was a bit rich following his behaviour and comments the other week.

Comment

He seemed to accept the red card completely in the post-match interview and the only reaction shown on the highlights was long rueful head-shaking that could have been at the ref or his own player.

Although I obviously accept that Arsene Wenger has to be referred to as a cunt at all times, especially when his actions seem reasonable which is just part of his fiendish plan.

Comment

As soon as I saw that tackle, I knew that the Arsenal haters would find any way they possibly could to make unfavourable comparisons with the Eduardo incident.

That's a very interesting initial reaction to have, Hofzinser, because my own initial reaction was "Fucking hell, what an horrific tackle."

Look at that picture again. Wenger says it was "fractionally high". Diaby's foot is about four feet away from where the ball is.

He's full of shit.

Comment

One of my other reactions was "there's going to be lots of people getting very sanctimonious about all this".

Everyone, including Wenger, agrees it was a terrible tackle and he deserved to be red-carded. I don't think there's any debate there.

Comment

More importantly, what the hell has Steinsson got tattooed on his back? I only saw the bottom of it on MOTD2, but it looks like he has a giant cartoon crucifix covering most of it.

Comment

apart from the tackler weighing 3 stone less I don't see any real difference at all.

Comment

that was ok the potential victim was about 3 stone more than Eduardo

(Thanks for your observations Harry C., when it comes to Wenger it appears that the soul of Hieronymous Bosch has been contaminated by the creatures he paints)

Comment

Heh, I thought that martin taylor looked more like a rugby player than a footballer.

Didn't diaby miss nearly a year with a broken leg like eduardo? If so I've seen him put in a couple of rather nasty tackles.

Comment

It's an identical incident to the Eduardo one, except that Steinsson has escaped long-term injury. Wenger is insulting people's intelligence by claiming that it's "not in the same league". It also gives the lie to the stuff he regularly spouts about other teams trying to kick poor little Arsenal into submission.

In another Bolton-Arsenal match two years ago in the cup, Diaby broke Ivan Campo's foot but got away with it. I think this was just before he suffered his own broken leg.

Comment

Hieronymus Bosch wrote:
                                  It also gives the lie to the stuff he regularly spouts about other teams trying to kick poor little Arsenal into submission.
                                  So why have Arsenal had more players sent off against them under Wenger's tenure than the high number they've had dismissed themselves?

Given how much attention is given to the latter, it's amazing the former is never, ever mentioned.

Comment

That's because the nearer you are to the top of the league, the more likely that the balance of sendings off will be in your favour. The notable thing about arsenal is that the gap is so small, particularly given the amount of possession they have, and how little tackling they do relatively speaking.

this season, kuzczak and ronaldo have been sent off for man utd. Mascherano, eboue, mikel, carson, reo-coker, muntari, smith, dunn, dawson and someone else give united a ratio of 10 to 2

Arsenal have had senderos, eboue, bendtner, diaby and denilson sent off. Taylor, mido, lafferty, arteta, mcShane and Nelsen have been sent off against them giving them a ratio of 6:5

Comment

So why have Arsenal had more players sent off against them under Wenger's tenure than the high number they've had dismissed themselves?

I'd be interested in seeing the actual stats for this, given that Arsenal have had something like 84 players sent off in Wenger's 11 and a bit seasons.

No top-flight club has picked up more red cards in that time than Arsenal.

Comment

Last season 8 players were sent off against Arsenal, Boulharouz, Campo, Mikel, Ben haim, Sankofa, mc Fadden, Kirchstein, Boateng. Five were sent off for arsenal. Toure, adebayor, Senderos, Gilberto, Senderos. 8:5 is a slightly better ratio.

Comment

Working...
                                        X