Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when you were young, shone like the sun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent the 1970s carefully avoiding progressive rock music (not easy as it was the official religion at my school). So wasn't expecting to enjoy a recent night out at top tributary act Think Floyd. But amazingly, I did- all two and a half hours of doodlings, explosions, unending harpsichord solos and the rest. I've even listened to Shine on you Crazy Diamond twice through since. If this is mid-life crisis, I'm liking it.

Anyone else, post your confessionals here...

Springsteen has a 'tributary' act called The River.

I'd heard Shine On You Crazy Diamond lots of times but the first time I heard it at decent level through proper speakers i was freaked out by the laugh directly after the line mentioned above.I'd never noticed it before.
    It sounded like there was a demon in the room cackling at me.I was properly stoned, mind.

I'll admit to loving Live At Pompeii. All of it.

I had an afternoon off last week and watched some of the 'Yes 35 Years Concert' which was on ITV4 for some reason.
    I'm not sure if it was commemorating something or that was actually how long the gig lasted, but by fuck it was awful.
    How the fuck anyone can listen to that absolute tripe is beyond me.
    Shit dipped in pixie dust for fat blokes with way too much facial hair and time on their hands.

Comment

Working...
    X