Indecisive man seeks London based fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, here's the deal. I am flying into Heathrow (from Seoul) on the afternoon of Saturday March 17th. Early morning (0830) on Sunday 18th I am flying to Glasgow (also from LHR).

I basically have two choices - the first is the sensible one in which I accept that I'm likely to be a bit knackered and jetlagged and that the early morning flight (presumably I need to check in by 7.30) means that my best option is to find a hotel out at Heathrow somewhere, and crash there.

The second, much less sensible, but more appealing option is that I journey into that London and find somewhere to stay there, and go out on the piss, and then get up at 6ish and get myself back out to T5.

So, anyone up for it?

Surely there's a third option too:

Stay up all night gigging / clubbing / drinking?

For a brief moment I thought your visit coincided with the Laibach gig, but that's a month later, sadly.

Comment

Oh, and can I take this opportunity to say "Happy birthday!" for tomorrow, also.

Comment

I'd be up for this.

Comment

Sadly I have a prior engagement for the evening, but could be persuaded to come along for a heart-starter, early doors.

Comment

Or go to The Spinning Wheel (If it's still there!) in Northfields.

Given the date, you'd probably kill a number of birds with one stone...

Comment

Oh shit it's St Patrick's day isn;t it? How much is that a big deal in London these days? I left England in the days when March 17th was just the day after March 16th, and St Patrick's was as important as St David's day, or even St George's day. is it likely to be people dressed in green and mandatorily drinking Guinness?

OK, assuming not and I can safely have a good English pint of bitter without being accosted by leprachauns, then it looks good then. I'll find lodgings in the city itself and we can sort out a venue (early and or late). I'm guessing I won;t be in town before 6 at the earliest PG - that OK for you?

Comment

ad hoc wrote:

Oh shit it's St Patrick's day isn;t it? How much is that a big deal in London these days?
                Probably a bigger deal than Dublin, but not Belfast.

Comment

ad hoc wrote:
                  I'm guessing I won;t be in town before 6 at the earliest PG - that OK for you?
                  Regrettably not. Have a good one.

Comment

Buggery bollocks. I'm travelling for work.

Comment

That's my wedding anniversary weekend so I'll not be able to make it, I'm afraid.

Comment

It's a shame you're not flying out of Gatwick, Ad, only that's the night of SR's 'Spellbound' club night in Brighton. We could have spent the evening there, then caught the 03:50 train back up to Gatwick. :-D

Comment

Working...
                        X