No announcement yet.

Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the most racist thing I will ever say: Those guys are unexpectedly on telly... and then, in suits, going, what the fuck, UK, no, we can fucking sell this.

Comment

OK, maybe not THE most racist thing... How come all of the band were dancing to a different song from the singer?

Comment

Are we still talking about Fat Larry's Band here?
        Last edited by George; 19-10-2018, 13:50.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMxRDTfzgpU

"Tonight, Matthew.."

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post
            Are we still talking about Fat Larry's here?
            I love you. x

Comment

Comment

king thought about stuff, but bollocks.

xx

Somenone played this, incorrectly, earlier.

x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHh86ySgKrA

Love you all. x

Comment

Tool - Parabol & Parabola

(Caution: It's a very strange video. Very strange.)

Comment

The Electric Prunes — Get Me To The World On Time

To celebrate legal Herb (no the approved term in media interviews) and new Canadian research into psychedelics as depression preventatives.

Comment

Vilja Song from The Merry Widow by Franz Lehar

My Mum played this all the time, so it was bound to come up as an earworm now and again.

Comment

Captain and Tenille - "Love Will Keep Us Together". I used to have the serious hots for Toni Tenille.

Comment

A reminder of LWKUT is enough to fill my head with LWTUA, which is likely to stay there for a good part of the day now.

Comment

That Tool video gave me an earworm of this:

Comment

Thunderclap Newman - "Something In The Air." I understand that this record was banned in South Africa.

Comment

The Fifth Dimension - "Up, Up and Away."

Comment

I had not seen this video before (kind of a twin to the Prodigy "Smack My Bitch Up" video), but heard the song booming out of car window today. The chorus is like a virus that will get stuck in your head. Sorry to do this to you...

Comment

"... before somebody thinks of blaming ussssssssss."

Comment

200 million+ YouTube views for that song "Djadja", probably a first for a song sung entirely in French. Great catchy tune from 23 y-old banlieue girl Aya Nakamura, she calls her song "a bit of a feminist anthem", tongue in cheek. Smart girl too in interviews.

We should use this sort of song as a basis to teach UK teenagers French/Spanish etc. and to foster an interest in languages and culture/cultural awareness, to teach them a bit of soft colloquial French, to tell them about contemporary France, street culture etc. to make them aware that France isn’t just about cheese, croissants and Eurocamp campsites. I’m sure they’d take to French and other National Curriculum (NC) languages a lot more than they do, I fact I know this as a fact I used to teach this sort of stuff to my classes when we (England & Wales teachers) had far more freedom to approach NC syllabuses as we saw fit, up to the late 2000s, then I continued but mostly in my French after-school clubs (kids loved it, even the "Gifted & Talented" ones), I couldn't really do it in class as I was effectively forbidden to teach this sort of thing in my lessons, certainly not at GSCE level & A level post-2010 (it then became extremely prescriptive and very sadly all about "teaching to the exams"). No wonder most kids in English schools dislike languages so much and can’t wait to drop them as soon as they can because of the constraints of the NC and the boring stuff language teachers are made to teach them.

Comment

Half Man Half Biscuit - Old Age Killed My Teenage Bride

Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 04-11-2018, 23:41.

Comment

When I replace our phone (landline) in its handset, it makes a two-note melody. Those notes happen to pretty much correspond to the two opening notes of 'Jailhouse Rock'. So every time I hang up, I walk around the flat singing Jailhouse Rock for ten minutes, and sometimes it hangs in there for much longer. And I don't much care for Jailhouse Rock, it's a stupid fucking song. Johnny Cash walked the walk and made actual jailhouses rock, Elvis, while you were just off shagging around and getting fat, you redneck tub of lard.

Comment

Whenever I hear "Jailhouse Rock" (or, indeed, see it mentioned) I automatically sing the incredibly puerile alternative lyrics I learned when I was around 10 or 11.

So obviously I'm doing that now. In the office.

Comment

I've never heard those, but they may well be similar to the (also quite puerile) lyric I sing that involves a male chicken being danced upon in a house of ill-repute.

Comment

<clears throat>

Went to a party at the county jail
                                                Caught my knackers on a rusty nail
                                                When I got home I got a shock
                                                Had no balls and half a cock....

Yes, well.

Comment

Comment

3 weeks and counting...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X