No announcement yet.

Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motown incredibly left this in their archive unreleased for four decades. What a record label.

Comment

Lena Horne - "Stormy Weather". Kinda apt.

And, George, we keep hearing that Motown have crates of stuff like that in their archives.

Comment

Pitchfork ran an interesting story about Barcelona's Rosalia about a week ago. She is combining flamenco with a mix of R&B sounds. Think flamenco blended with Weeknd, which might be too bold of a description. I'm really digging this song:

Last edited by danielmak; 28-09-2018, 06:17.

Comment

Baby Shark.

Comment

Lonnie Donegan - "Last Train To San Fernando"

Comment

Ever since my daughter 'DJ'd' this for me in the car, it's wedged itself in my cranium. "You don't want no problem...want no problems with me ....". I defy you.

Comment

Classic mid-tempo stepper from the late, great Johnnie Taylor.

Originally posted by adams house cat View Post
                And, George, we keep hearing that Motown have crates of stuff like that in their archives.
                UMG have had all manner of people traipsing through the Motown/Jobete archive for years now so I can't imagine there being much left which is worth releasing. But you never know. Take Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) for instance - that only came to public knowledge because a then employee ''borrowed'' it from the vaults, and he in turn ''loaned'' it (nicked in reality) to the most infamous bootlegger on the Northern Soul scene. It had been gathering dust for eleven years beforehand.

Comment

This could be the sort of thing only I and evilC might like, but as far as godless shrieking rackets recorded on to cassette in a back bedroom in 1981 go, it's also funky as fuck.

Comment

ABBA - Chiquitita

Comment

"Street Life" - Randy Crawford and the Crusaders. The Crusaders must have been one of the funkiest outfits ever. Ever.

Comment

"Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel" - Tavares. Another one from the Commodore playlist.

Comment

Fleetwood Mac - Big Love

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                            Fleetwood Mac - Big Love
                            Even allowing for the element of risk that is willingly accepted by clicking onto the earworm thread, you absolute git.

It'll be the coo-ing in the dark when I'm trying to get to sleep later on that I'll most resent you for.

Comment

I'd apologise, but, you know.

Comment

I usually have Toto’s Africa stuck in my head. It’s s great pop song and, as such, it’s making a comeback. Great singalong.

Comment

"Silver Lady' - David Soul. Him out of "Husky and Starch".

Comment

All this talk of ABBA has led to "Mama Mia".

Comment

Comment

Comment

Yesterday Mrs Thistle sent me a picture of a t-shirt with a picture of of an otter in a spacesuit with the caption 'Otter Space'. For the rest of the day I was humming

"They're coming from outer space
                                          To save the human race"

It's a reggae-ish song but I don't know who it's by or what it's called.

Comment

Sure it's not this one and you've misremembered the lyrics? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjGb56hX9WE

Comment

Which of course was sampled by the Prodigy:

Comment

Fat Larry's Band - Zoom

Comment

YES sir! Dank u wel. x

(Chartmusic has done this, yes?)

Comment

I watched this episode.

I sat there ...aw shit. Delete, delete, delete. x

Comment

Working...
                                                    X