Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! Zombies' earworm. Ta.

Comment

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 17-03-2018, 12:22.

Comment

Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 17-03-2018, 12:22.

Comment

Comment

Are you inside my head, Satch? I had that for about a week... and I can do the moves.

Today it is mostly the Psychedelic Furs. Did I mention I am going to see them? Tonight? At the House of Blues? Tonight? in Las Vegas? Tonight?

Did I mention that 'Im indoors is coming too? (He thinks I am into Conchita Wurst, and that is all... oh boy, I can't fucking wait.)

Comment

The Searchers - Needles and Pins

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                Yay! Zombies' earworm. Ta.
                Why would I care?

(That would have been much better as an immediate rejoinder)
                Last edited by Toby Gymshorts; 18-03-2018, 20:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                  The Searchers - Needles and Pins

Ah now I've got a Jackie DeShannon thing going. It'll last for days...

Comment

And then there's the follow up...

Comment

Now, I like that.

Comment

Or maybe this... (would The Byrds have been The Byrds without JDeS?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                          Now, I like that.
                          So did The Beatles.* She was the opening act on their first US tour

*And Jimmy Page, they were an item for some time.

Comment

And finally (I promise) a scratchy acoustic version of a song of hers The Byrds recorded on their first album

Comment

I hadn't realized that Needles and Pins was co-written by Sonny Bono.

Comment

Yes. Along with Jack Nitzsche, and — according to JDeS — Jackie DeShannon, though she never got writing credit.

Comment

Lately, have you wondered why we're put here?
                                  Playing each and every game
                                  Day by day?

Lately, ever wondered why we're stood here?
                                  Will we do it all again
                                  Every day?

Tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic
                                  Tac tac tac tac tac tac tac tac
                                  Toe toe toe toe toe toe toe toe

Comment

They Might Be Giants - Don't Let's Start

Comment

The Stooges - No Fun

Comment

The Bergerac theme

Comment

Great cover of L’hymne à l’amour by 1980s French band Cyclope.

Comment

A few numbers by La Souris Déglinguée, France’s best alternative rock band since 1976 (Tai-Luc’s voice has gone downhill a tad but the spirit is intact!).

French alternative rock band with various influences (rock & roll, reggae, dub, hip hop, rhythm & blues, punk, Oi!.) and lyrics dealing with Vietnam, 'banlieue rouge' (red suburbs) and urban life. Formed in 1976.

The songs below are all from their 2015 concert at the legendary Olympia concert hall in Paris.

Une cause à rallier: https://youtu.be/1IATcDK8AOE?t=37m57s

L’Indochine (part of the song is in Vietnamese. Tai-Luc, the singer, is Franco-Vietnamese): https://youtu.be/1IATcDK8AOE?t=8m32s

Kamikaze Kamikaze Rock'n'roll: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAT...utu.be&t=1m51s

International Raya Fan Club: https://youtu.be/1IATcDK8AOE?t=46m22s

La Zone: https://youtu.be/1IATcDK8AOE?t=1h35m37s

Comment

Sorry to interrupt all the French stuff, but I have had this turd floating near my earholes for about 4 days:

Comment

If you don't mind me putting some more top French stuff while you're interrupting my flow with a piece of froth (I don't mind her actually, We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together was good I thought), I had this tune in my toby jugs via a pair of cans while pottering about an hour ago:

Comment

I don't mind her either. I meant the song* was a turd, rather than her.

*Sounds like about 4 songs cobbled together.

Comment

Last edited by Pérou Flaquettes; 10-04-2018, 21:31.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X