Today's Earworm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Earworm

I'm working on a report at the moment. It's 80% finished but I have got to present it to my boss tomorrow morning, work on any amendments and then circulate it on Friday morning.

I can't concentrate at all though. And one of the things that driving me mad is I have got 'Under My Wheels' by Alice Cooper stuck in my head. I keep singing the fucking thing and it's a song I do genuinely like a lot.

That said I am going to try to exorcise Alice by posting this link here. Great tune innit, now get the fuck out of my head you bastard.

Today's Earworm

I'm resurrecting this because if I can't get Kool and the Gang's Jungle Boogie out of my head, I may just have to chop it off.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I'll swap you for Fisherman's Blues

Comment

Today's Earworm

I heard King's "Love and Pride" - for the first time in ages on hols last week, and I can't shake the bugger.

Ah! duck here it comes again......

Comment

Today's Earworm

It's probably just what your heart yearns for now.....

Comment

Today's Earworm

I've got two lines of "Aus Stahl" by the grandfathers of Hamburg punk Oma Hans stuck on repeat, and have had for about the last 36 hours:

Sei ein Igel! Sei wie ein Igel!
            Iss mehr Obst!

(Be a hedgehog! Be like a hedgehog!
            Eat more fruit!)

It's a good job I'm not prone to singing out loud, particularly as the lines are spoken rather than sung.

Comment

Today's Earworm

We went with friends to brunch on Sunday and the piano player played "Africa," by Toto, and it got stuck in my head for hours.

Comment

Today's Earworm

If this trick is obvious, forgive me, but i'm particularly prone to these and i've found this works pretty well... earworms often happen when you're stressed while listening to something; and it will occasionally happen that you get one you like. When this happens, go with it, cherish it, even practice it for a bit every few weeks or so. Then, when an evil one tries to move in, you can with a bit of concentration switch gears to the good one. HTH.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Yeah, if it's a song I don't like, trying to replace it with a catchy song I do like often works.

Otherwise, you know, try zen meditation.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I love these threads.

Never heard the Alice Cooper thing before. I like it.

When I get an earworm (don't worry. I am not going to give you one, fnarr.), I just give in to it. There is nothing you can do to make it go away, ESPECIALLY, when it is the least expected song, at that time. And you are done.

Embrace it. It's what makes you live.

OK, sorry about that, was just feeling a bit... happy.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Squeeze-"Take Me Im Yours" after seeing them on TOTP over the weekend has replaced Glenn Campbells "Wichita Lineman" Also after seeing him on TV earlier in the weekend.

Comment

Today's Earworm

The snooker had a (good) feature on the seventies and oddly played Over You by Roxy Music.

I can't stop playing it.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Waiting at the station coffee concession this morning I noticed the radio playing Jane Wiedlin's "Rush Hour". I used to love that song, a real blast of sunny pop.

Unfortunately on three hours' sleep the effect has morphed somewhat into a warped, Oneohtrix-style aural dystopia, and now all the other passengers on the platform are mouthing it to me like something from an Aphex Twin video.

Comment

Today's Earworm

This fucking thing.

Reg: you should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Ah, Jane Wiedlin (sigh).

That Elton John song can fuck right off mind.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Jane Wiedlin's song with Sparks, "Cool Places," is also great.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I thought about mentioning that one. The video is suitably weird, as one would expect from anything involving the Mael brothers.

I read somewhere that Russell asked Weidlin if she fancied the idea of marriage around that time.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I think she dated Terry Hall, too!

I saw Sparks and Jane lip-sync "Cool Places" on Solid Gold when I was a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Comment

Today's Earworm

It's not big, nor clever, but I got

(U2 alert)

And I feel fine. But I am still fucking humming it, as I type this.

Comment

Today's Earworm

Today's is this rather fine offering, sung in French; which is a challenge when your French is as bad as mine:

Trust - Antisocial

Comment

Today's Earworm

Mine is every fucking song from the TV show "Abadas". On an endless loop.

Comment

Today's Earworm

If early-onset tinnitus constitutes an earworm, then that's mine today...

Comment

Today's Earworm

Nah mate, you're listening to Metal Machine Music again...

Comment

Today's Earworm

Grinderman's "Palaces of Montezuma" for me today. I am a sucker for a gloomy goth-pop love song.

Comment

Today's Earworm

I've got a huge craving to listen to the whole of Jordan: The Comeback by Prefab Sprout today. So on the commute home, that's precisely what I'll do.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X