Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metallica - Blackened

Comment

'The Room Below' by Marc Almond, which doesn't appear to be on Youtube, has taken up periodic residence since I listened to his 'Mother Fist' album a couple of days ago. Nice song if you can find it.

Comment

THE

ONE

SHOW

Comment

Not unpleasantly, at football practice last night I had 'Go For Gold' by Girls At Our Best in my head all evening, and I occasionally broke out into a hum or a whistle as I set up the cones. Not a single one of my U15 players, though, said, "Hey coach, that sounds like some sort of classic early 80s UK indie-pop you're tuning into there. Can you tell us which band so we can download it right here and now?"

Comment

Still have When the Levee Breaks from the thread about the coming hurricane.

Comment

"Let's Twist Again"

Comment

For some reason I've got "Tomorrow Belongs To Me" as a recurring earworm.

Comment

R.E.M. - Crush With Eyeliner

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
                    For some reason I've got "Tomorrow Belongs To Me" as a recurring earworm.
                    Fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                      Fascist.
                      Hag.

Comment

Does anyone else have recurring earworms which will fill the gap if you don't have a current one? I'm talking over years. I have a number but three spring to mind:

The riff (just the riff) from George Harrison's What is Life
                        An instrumental of the Stone Roses' Waterfall, especially the long ending
                        A horrendous mash-up of Kool & the Gang's Cherish with Macca & Stevie's Ebony and Ivory

Now I've put the third one in my head again for the day. Purgatory.

Comment

One listen to a Spinners Greatest Hits CD has led to the chorus of Games People Play burning in my brain the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Radiohead - The Bends

Comment

Aerosmith - Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)

Comment

Will somebody please explain (daddle-ah-dah)
                                The reason for this strange behaviour (daddle-ah-dah)
                                In exploitation's name (daddle-ah-dah)
                                We must be working for the skin trade (daddle-ah-dah)

Comment

I've got this stuck in my head. It's a real floor-filler.

* It's not. But it's a good song by a great writer.

Comment

Comment

Frank Sinatra's London By Night which is just beautiful

Comment

Heard this on my oldies radio station last night, and thought it was brilliant.

After watching the videoclip, I think he almost falls over near the end of it.

Comment

What a beautiful rendition of Paul Simon’s classic this is:

I’d never heard of Sarah Jarosz until now (sadly, I’ve long stopped my subscription to the excellent world music mag Songlines, too many things to read, not enough time), what a cracking voice she’s got. She reminds me a bit of Laura Cantrell. Is Sarah Jarosz well-known at all in the US? (outside of the country music/folk circles I mean).

Comment

Sleeper - What Do I Do Now?

All. Day.

Comment

My condolences. At least it wasn’t Inbetweener.

Comment

I liked Sleeper for a while. At least they weren't Elastica.

Comment

Calling that Sleeper song an earworm is slanderous to worms. It's earalgae.

Comment

You're humming it though, right?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X