Clear All

Kraftwerk in NYC

Scheiße!

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

Kuntz.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

The F5 key came through, back in the queue for both Autobahn and Man-Machine, though being still stuck the queue 23 minutes after the opening, my chances have got to be slim...

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

"All tickets for all Kraftwerk performances are either being held by other users while they're being purchased or completely sold-out. If those ticket buyers that have reserved tickets do not complete their reservation, those tickets will become available for purchase again within a few minutes."

oh well..

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

Aw, nuts. Sorry linus.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

I guess the odds of landing this must have been pretty bad, neither of my two friends also going for this having landed any tickets. I'm guessing 300 to 500 spectators for each show, something like 50,000 fans worldwide vying for 3000-4000 spots.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

linus wrote:
                My point was that most of their music lends itself quite well to the kind of acoustic distortion you get in a space like this, in addition to the atmospheric synergies such a setting provides.
                And mine is that nothing will sound good in a highly reflective space like that if you're going to ampify multiple sound sources (particularly with regards to the bottom end of the frequency spectrum and the inherent long wavelengths) which is what Kraftwerk are big on live, unless either really attenuated or properly measured and treated.

The room may look nice and be in accord with their quirky material but it sure won't sound good.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

One day in the late 70s, my Ma arrived home to find me listening to Autobahn. "Turn that bloody rubbish off, I've been listening to it all afternoon" [at a work colleague's atheist funeral].

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

linus wrote:
                    I guess the odds of landing this must have been pretty bad, neither of my two friends also going for this having landed any tickets. I'm guessing 300 to 500 spectators for each show, something like 50,000 fans worldwide vying for 3000-4000 spots.
                    Not too mention the scenesters that have probably never listened to them, but heard that everyone was talking about these shows, so they needed to get tickets to say that they were there.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

"...a time of Teutonic purgatory"

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

Heh. The obligatory Downfall riff in the side-nav.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

$150 on a Bjork ticket, now we know the real reason for the third reich's downfall.

OK, it turns out that my friend's friends weren't able to get tickets either, the odds of landing them must have been a lot slimmer than I thought.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

Reminds me a bit of the Hop Crisis of 2007-8, which our local bolshy homebrew suppliers dealt with via rationing rather than price increases. Call me an elitist plutocrat if you must, but i'd rather buy an ounce of hops for $10 than be forbidden to buy one for $3.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

The inevitable apology.

Still, this is no excuse. We should have never advised MoMA to allow the tickets to be sold in the fashion in which they were, because in the end—even if everything were to go smoothly—many people would have been very disappointed. ShowClix didn't set the proper expectations from the beginning, nor did we properly prepare our load balancing servers in order to prevent the queue from timing out. Ultimately, we failed many of you.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

"Zis vould never have happened under zer...!!!"

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

At least they didn't pretend it was unprecedented demand. It was just plain dumb.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

Ralf will likely address the whole debacle in some meaningful way during his back and forth with the audience.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

I think they might end up doing one more gig at a large venue.

Comment

Kraftwerk in NYC

And do all 8 albums in one night in a massive orgy of teutonic toe tapping and head nodding.

Comment

Working...
                                        X