Cover Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover Drive

No mention of the cricketing Carol In The Deep Midwicket?

Comment

Cover Drive

Third slip's stinding a bit wide for my liking there.

Comment

Cover Drive

Purves Grundy wrote:
        I intend to be the svengali for lewd boyband Good Length
        Only if you can get them to autograph my copy of Full Toss.

I wonder what happened to Brit Pop also-rans Yorker?

Comment

Cover Drive

The other day on You Tube I watched an old TOTP performance of Waqar Khan, she was one of the pioneers of Reverse Swing.

Comment

Cover Drive

Does anyone remember Lathwell? He was heralded as the "new Marvin Gaye" in some quarters, he sparkled briefly before succumbing to stage fright and becoming a recluse. His classic Lost In The Corridor of Uncertainty still gets the occasional spin in my house.

Comment

Cover Drive

E10 Rifle wrote:
              Whatever happened to tedious prog-rock outfit Hawkeye's Verdict, whose 1975 concept album Negotiating The Middle Overs was widely derided?
              Ah, now, you say that, but their early stuff was great. Teatime Declaration is a lovely piece of English psychedelia. They only started going downhill with Four Men Saving One.

Comment

Cover Drive

I know little about cricket but always think Flat Track Bully would be a good hardcore/nü metal band.

Comment

Cover Drive

Nightwatchman should have been better known than he was; surely one of Kingston's most innovative dub producers. Possibly A Bit High was a classic.

Comment

Cover Drive

I was briefly a bit of a fan of American grungy hardcore types Shirtfront, whose 1991 album The Pitch Is Cracking Up remains a bit of a classic I reckon.

Comment

Cover Drive

There's been a fair amount of metal already here but it would be churlish not to at least mention the almost mythical stoners Merciless Sledger.

Their rare white label album Every Time I Make Love to Your Wife, She Gives Me a Biscuit was nothing short of genius.

Comment

Cover Drive

80's soft rock band Slow Turner's cover version of Stuck in the middle with you still gives me nightmares.

Comment

Cover Drive

It often cones as a surprise to discover how far back the roots of this music go in north america - one of the oldest rivalries is betweeen American and Canadian musicians. Of the former, perhaps the archetype was Garfield "Duke" Balls, whose Pickin' At The Seam (c/w Ole Sticky Dog) finally spread his fame wider than the dusty joints of his native Longhandle, Iowa.

Comment

Cover Drive

I can't believe that no one has mentioned 60s singer Dolly Catch. Well I say singer but she's probably best known for beign the love interest in 'Farm the Strike' a union bashing farce.

Comment

Cover Drive

And how can we forget lovelorn indie miserablists For Two Declared, whose mournful Dropped (Off My Own Bowling) was something of an anthem for a generation of sensitive adolescents c1986

Comment

Cover Drive

Or the white rapper Shit-T (real name Curly Sandwich). Budgetary constraints on his first album, 'I Like It White (With 4 Sugars)' meant that he couldn't hire the services of seasoned veterans Salt 'n' Pepa, and had to make do with journeyman producer MC Ceee.

Comment

Cover Drive

I should also add that soul-funk act Deep Cover's sleazy lurve anthem Let's Take This One Upstairs still hits the spot

Comment

Working...
                                  X