5 worst bands...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 worst bands...

1) Counting Crowes - Urgh, dull and whiney.
    2) Abba - insipid pop music that people like because it's 'retro cool'
    3) The Beatles - not so much crap as overated and again, I think people like them without thinking about it.
    4) The Corrs - A pop band who pretend to be 'real' musicians. If you're going to be pop then admit it and be good like S-Club 7 or some such.
    5)Jazz - OK, so this ones a whole genre but this is just wrong notes played at wrong times played by twats and listened to by twats.

5 worst bands...

Hmmm...., Abba, Beatles and the genre of Jazz - can't wait for you to start another thread w/ your opinion of the best bands.

The Beatles - not so much crap as overated and again, I think people like them without thinking about it.
    How old are you?

Comment

5 worst bands...

Cal Alamein wrote:
      Hmmm...., Abba, Beatles and the genre of Jazz - can't wait for you to start another thread w/ your opinion of the best bands.

The Beatles - not so much crap as overated and again, I think people like them without thinking about it.
      How old are you?
      Haha! Probably older than you think.

Comment

5 worst bands...

How do you know why people like stuff?

Comment

5 worst bands...

Why at Last! wrote:
          How do you know why people like stuff?
          This was meant to be lighthearted not too serious. Oh well.

Comment

5 worst bands...

Ooh, can I play.

5 worst vegetables

1. Brussels sprouts – They are yukkie and small and leafy.

2. Carrots — Very red and gnarly. People only like them because they are so phallic.

3. Peas – They are small and difficult to put on a fork. People only like them because they are cute and not Brussels sprouts.

4. Mange tout – Nobody really knows what a mange tout is but people say they like it because it was fashionable in the '80s. Boo, mange tout.

5. Apples – Not really a vegetable as such but they are overrated and the variety isn't that exciting once you realise they are apples.

Comment

5 worst bands...

How can you say that? Apples are responsible for some of the most innovative desserts we've witnessed over the past four decades. Etc.

Comment

5 worst bands...

Back on topic!

Queen
                Rush
                Simply Red
                ELP
                Adam & The Ants!

Comment

5 worst bands...

Who all do/did what they do/did very well, even if one does not like their sound. So they are not "5 worst bands" (nor, of course, were those in the opening gambit), but five bands one doesn't like much.

Any such list that omits Limp Bizkit is fundamentally flawed.

Comment

5 worst bands...

Let's be honest it's 5 bands you hate the most, which is just as telling as a list of 5 you love the most!

Comment

5 worst bands...

Can I have The Red Hot Chili Peppers in positions 1 to 5?

Comment

5 worst bands...

Only if I can bagsy Vampire fucking Weekend.

Comment

5 worst bands...

My Name Is Ian wrote:
                          Can I have The Red Hot Chili Peppers in positions 1 to 5?
                          OO-er! What ever floats your boat, I won't judge!

Comment

5 worst bands...

Squarewheelbike wrote:
                            Let's be honest it's 5 bands you hate the most, which is just as telling as a list of 5 you love the most!
                            Telling of what?

Comment

5 worst bands...

alireggae wrote:
                              1) Counting Crowes - Urgh, dull and whiney.
                              2) Abba - insipid pop music that people like because it's 'retro cool'
                              3) The Beatles - not so much crap as overated and again, I think people like them without thinking about it.
                              4) The Corrs - A pop band who pretend to be 'real' musicians. If you're going to be pop then admit it and be good like S-Club 7 or some such.
                              5)Jazz - OK, so this ones a whole genre but this is just wrong notes played at wrong times played by twats and listened to by twats.
                              1.Fair enough, I'm with you so far. Man, they are shit, with his stupid dreadlocks, flailing about like he's possessed by evil spirits and he's trying to fling them out through the medium of dance, dressing like he ran head first through TK MAXX and his dreads got in his eyes.

2.Abba, see I personally used to think that they were naff, but then I listened to them when a little older, and started to appreciate the production values, and not only that some of the lyrics which are quite sweet, and not half bad when you consider that they're writing them in a second language! And Waterloo is a stomper of a tune.

3. The Beatles. The only person who I have debated this with who maintains that they are shite is a chap who has a musical project/band named Frankie Thunder and The Butterfly Wings. 'Nuff said.
                              For me, why I like them, two songs that spring to mind are Norweigan Wood and In my Life, ooh two more, Yesterday and Let It Be. Oh go on then, one more. Here Comes The Sun.

It's their body of work and also the fact three of the four band members went on to enjoy very successful careers in their own right, actually that's enough isn't it? 3 out of 4 band members? That alone is impressive.

4.The Corrs. Erm, yeah, can't fight that one.

5.Jazz? I thought that, thought that was the point of the sketch from the fast show. Then I got schooled. Check this shit out alireggae!
                              Not a wasted note in the whole song. (I post this as this is the song that won me over to the ways of jazz)

Miles Davis - Generique

Comment

5 worst bands...

alireggae wrote:
                                What about jazz-funk?

Comment

5 worst bands...

I prefer dinner jazz.

The Oirish have long running form in the worst bands category. Boyzone, Westlife, B'Witched.

The Darkness, they have to be in there as well.

Comment

5 worst bands...

All New George wrote:
                                    The Oirish have long running form in the worst bands category. Boyzone, Westlife, B'Witched.
                                    Please. B*Witched.

Comment

5 worst bands...

In no particular order

Bon Jovi

Oasis

Stone Roses

Belle and Sebastian

Teenage Fanclub

I realise I will get slaughtered for the last 3 selections, but I always find myself turning the radio off when all of the above are being played.

Comment

5 worst bands...

alireggae wrote:
                                        This was meant to be lighthearted not too serious. Oh well.
                                        Meaning you don't actually think that? Good.

Comment

5 worst bands...

Phew, that's alright, then.

For a moment there I thought alireggae actually said pointless aerobics cunts S Club 7 were 'good'.

Comment

5 worst bands...

Pointless Aerobics Cunts, on the other hand, were pretty good until their drummer left.

Comment

5 worst bands...

Yeah, they went downhill badly after Fat Birds In Leotards, I thought.

Comment

5 worst bands...

Tell me about it; FBIL came out a fortnight after I had the PAC logo tattooed on my upper arm.

At least it's the classic logo, not that abomination they introduced on the sleeve of No, Mr Bond, I expect you to sweat.

Comment

5 worst bands...

That was a shit album, too, although "Pierce the Skull of Baby Jesus" had a certain shock appeal.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X