Dreaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreaming

I had two vivid dreams within about fifteen minutes as I was waking this morning. Both involved musical personalities.

In the first I was about to take my seat in a plane. The seats were all random wooden armchairs from auctions or flea markets. In the one next to me was Rick James. "Cool huh?" he said referring to the seats. "Where are we and where are we going? I asked. "We're in South Africa and going on a daytrip to Japan to visit a tampon factory. Cool huh?" We both put on our seatbelts. At that point I noticed that the seats weren't bolted to the floor. I woke up.

In the second dream, my wife and I were in the tech area of a movie or TV shoot. There was equipment: cables, lights and so on scattered among trailers and people working purposefully. We were there to see Kate Bush perform. We sat down on folding metal chairs amid the activity, eventually a small TV on a podium was wheeled out. Kate Bush appeared on it and began to sing Wuthering Heights. Something moved silently along the floor in front of us — a cable, a mouse, I couldn't tell. I grimaced to my wife. The TV screen went blank. After a few minutes someone emerged to read a statement from Kate Bush, it said that she "would not perform unless the members of the audience in the front row who were smirking left." I got my coat and was ready to go but my wife refused, as did the others in the row — about twelve of us. We sat down against a wall with our arms folded, while the people in the second row, there were only two rows, glared at us. I woke up.

Dreaming

Rick James in a Tampon factory seems about right, natural even, as does smirking at Kate Bush.

A couple of years ago I had a dream and all I could remember was the awesome song "The Night The Lights Went Out" by The Trammps, I'd never paid close-close attention to the lyrics before, but they contained these

"I remember on the 13th of July
    The only light was the light up in the sky
    New York had black-out for 25 hours or more
    And nobody really knows the reason why"

I woke up, checked the date - 13th of July (oooh). The record holds a mythical place in my heart now.

Also had a dream and woke up with Asford & Simpson's "Aint That Good Enough" in my head earlier this year, wonderful song to have running around your dreams.

Comment

Dreaming

I recently dreamed I was in an enormous airliner in a plane crash. I could see both inside and outside the plane, and people were burning to death (until they were bone and ashes). That was followed by this one (from my Facebook post):

So last night I dreamt I'd been given a special mission. I had a spider hidden in my left nostril, a superintelligent ambassador for the spider race. (Couldn't talk, but he could communicate by tapping a leg on my top lip.) I, my boss and co-workers, and Raj from The Big Bang Theory (who kept dropping his ice cream), were due to meet the Obamas, and my boss kept passing me notes as we waited telling me to cause a diversion so that I could unveil to Barack and the world the spider ambassador. My reward was later to be cocooned alive. (Although that could've just been spider hi-jinks, I guess.)

Comment

Dreaming

In one of my dreams last night, I sang a song I've never heard before:

Bag of shit, bag of shit,
        The famous Sheffield Wednesday are a bag of turds.

Bag of turds, bag of turds,
        The tedious Sheffield Wednesday are a pile of ordure.

I wonder what it means.

Comment

Dreaming

I had never heard that song before, CV. That is something else. "Moonlight magic harmony"?

I like how the "lalalalalalala" line halfway through actually makes more sense than what comes before or after.

Comment

Dreaming

Carnivorous Vulgaris wrote:
            There was a lot of speculation around the time of its release that it was chosen as Ireland's Eurovision entry solely on the basis that it was unlikely to win and therefore save the country from the expenditure of having to host the tournament for something like the fourth time in five years.

Then again there are others who just think it's a crap song. IIRC it was sued for its similarity to a 40's or 50's showband tune...
            There's a whole Father Ted episode based on that story, featuring the song "My Lovely Horse" (actually sung by The Divine Comedy). And, to bring the thread full circle, that clip takes place in a dream...

Comment

Working...
            X