Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Music Association Game

Or, alternatively, "Bizarre Earworms".

Having just received an e-mail at work regarding financial sanctions and action taken against Al-Qaida (sp?), I now have "Ai No Corrida" stuck on permanent loop in my head.

Nil thread, probably.

As mentioned on FB a few days ago, we have a new gas hob in the kitchen - made by Candy. Everytime I walk past it I start humming Elvis Costello's "So Like Candy" (luckily people on FB were able to give me a couple more possible earworms to associate with it, but so far they've not proven to be dominant enough).

Comment

As a kid I was convinced that Song For Guy by Elton John was about Guy Forget (clearly not letting chronology get in the way of a good theory) and I now get that song stuck in my head every time I watch the French tennis open.

Comment

Everytime I become aware of Uxbridge (which, living in Harrow and using the Met nearly everyday, is quite often) I start singing "Uxbridge Cats" to the tune of Nashville Cats. I don't know why, either...

Comment

The software program we use in work goes by the name of IRIS, and crashes on occasion due to a dodgy internet connection. This led me to sing once 'IRIS died in my arms tonight', to the tune of the 80's song '(i just) died in your arms tonight' by Cutting crew, and it caught on.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
            Everytime I become aware of Uxbridge (which, living in Harrow and using the Met nearly everyday, is quite often) I start singing "Uxbridge Cats" to the tune of Nashville Cats. I don't know why, either...
            I'm now singing 'Uxbridge Cats' to the tune of 'Uptown Girl'. Bastard.

Comment

Sitting on the bus home from work on Friday evening, my head suddenly started singing "Rayners Lane, Rayners Lane" to the tune of Purple Rain. That's another song ruined...

Comment

Fussbudget wrote:
                As a kid I was convinced that Song For Guy by Elton John was about Guy Forget (clearly not letting chronology get in the way of a good theory) and I now get that song stuck in my head every time I watch the French tennis open.
                But had he sung it with the French pronunciation then it would have been a requiem to clarified butter.

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                  Sitting on the bus home from work on Friday evening
                  See, you've started me off now. Whilst reading this I've just sung that sentence to the tune of Say Hello, Wave Goodbye.

Comment

Every other Tuesday, the pub I live in has it's windows cleaned. The cleaner phones ahead when he's coming, and is known as "Davy Windows", which sets off Tina Turners awful "Steamy Windows" in my head! Also the burglar alarm makes me think of Keep On Keeping On by The Redskins, but that's not so bad!

Comment

Working...
                    X