Raymond Domenech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raymond Domenech

The FFF must have been convinced by his explanation that the Swiss hotel they stayed as well as an anti-French conspiracy in our media was at fault...

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Bryantop wrote:
      if you leave your best players at home you won't make much of that potential. fucking hell, how can they give this man two more years.

the only explanation i can think of is that the FFF are bunch of nationalistic wankers and were secretly pleased that domenech 'punished' the young non-french based players by leaving them at home.
      In doing so, making an attempt at improving the quality of their own league? That would be worthy, not wanky, if true.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

They are two completely separate issues.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

We were in Moitie's neck of the woods for the weekend, and I was able to pick up the France Football published on the eve of the decision. They were already incandescent at the mere possibility that Domenech might be retained, and I eagerly await next week's cries of outrage. From reading between the lines of some of the quotes they managed to get from the local football grandees who make up the FFF executive committee, it seems that Domenech was able to convince Escalettes that his future employment was inextricably linked to Raymond's, and that Escalettes was then somehow able to convince the 18 members of the executive committee that their blazers and prawn sandwiches were also in jeopardy if Raymond walked the plank.

I've concluded that Domenech is the closest thing we have to a modern day Rasputin.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Trezeguet has retired from international football as a direct response to Domenech being kept on as France manager.

I'm not his biggest fan, but he would have been a much better bet than three of the forwards who did make the squad.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Yeah - the Italians were apparently relieved he wasn't in the squad.
                His interview in l'Equipe today doesn't beat around the bush, ploughing into Domenech and despairing at the retention of the manager by the FFF.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

On the news that Domenech is staying.
                  David Trezeguet announces his international retirement at the age of 30

Hahahahahahaha!!

Comment

Raymond Domenech

The big question is: Will Domenech insist on picking Trezeguet for the squad for the first World Cup qualifiers as he did with Makélélé when he announced his retirement?

Comment

Raymond Domenech

How does a player actually "retire" from international football? I remember Makelele being picked because he'd not submitted it in writing or something (prompting another "slave" mini-debate). Are there official channels a player has to go through?

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Isn't it just the sense of personal obligation that brought Makelele back, as opposed to some contractual obligaton? By and large participation on a national side is not mandatory.

With the domenech thing, I was pretty surprised and disappointed with the support Platini gave, he would have had the gravitas to get him fired otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                        X