Raymond Domenech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raymond Domenech

The question likely to be widely asked in the coming weeks and months: where now for the French national football team? That doesn't interest me, though. So, my question, therefore, is where now for Raymond Domenech?

Over the last three summers, I've grown rather fond of him and his baffling ways. He's almost inevitably bonkers, and just as certain is the fact he's going to be sacked, if he hasn't already been (my finger is well and truly on the pulse). My hope is that a Premiership team will come in for him, so as to prevent him dropping off of the English football fan's radar. I think I'd like to see him at Blackburn. If he's willing to, he could whop out the ouija board and have a word in Jack Walker's shell-like, give himself the advantage?

Raymond Domenech

Nah, he's got 'SPURS' written through him like a stick of rock. Another time and he might have got his wish.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

I only found out yesterday that Domenech has a daughter called Victoire, or Victory. It makes his sone Merlin's name seem almost sensible.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

I heard a radio report this morning that he proposed to his girlfriend after the game on live tv, is that true??

Comment

Raymond Domenech

I heard the same thing. It would certainly be in-keeping with his record of doing brilliantly eccentric things.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

It's true (and his fiancee is the presenter for a French football show). It's discussed on one of the other threads.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

It's true. It's covered on a few of the other threads as a sign of his lack of touch with reality. Who can blame him though?;

Comment

Raymond Domenech

hot dang, maybe there is something in this astrology business after all?

Comment

Raymond Domenech

She doesn't always look that good, but still.

Another brilliant drawing, btw, Dotmund. One of your best yet.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Fantastic picture Dotmund, I love the subtle inclusion of three penises on the top of his head, symbolising the three pathetic performances in this tournament...

Comment

Raymond Domenech

BrunoMaggiore wrote:
                      Kind of a bargain basement Demi Moore?
                      You must have extraordinarily high standards.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

A little ungallant of UA and Bruno there!

I think the ludicrous piping on Domenech's jacket has to be discussed as a signpost to his mental well-being;

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Wow, terrible skin condition he has in that pic.

As for the future Madame Domenech, I have been staring intently at that pic upthread, willing her breasts to remain covered. I fear next time I looked the right breast will have popped out.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Yogi Lurve wrote:
                            As for the future Madame Domenech, I have been staring intently at that pic upthread, willing her breasts to remain covered. I fear next time I looked the right breast will have popped out.
                            Damn you and your iron willpower.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Ursus, you are mad. This is the least flattering picure of Estelle Denis I could find on Google Images.

And if you had to choose between Alan Hansen, Tommy Smyth and Estelle Denis?

Estelle in action

Respect, failed French coach. Respect.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Domenech's sartorial stylings are pretty notable all by themselves. When I was searching for source images, I came across this stunning picture of him during his one season at PSG.

The words "handsome moustache" could have been invented for him and him alone. The more I find out about the man, the more I like him.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Sempronio Carpentiere wrote:
                                  I think the ludicrous piping on Domenech's jacket has to be discussed as a signpost to his mental well-being;

Yes - I think I've realised the source of alot of his problems: he fucking thinks he's Doctor Who!

Comment

Raymond Domenech

E van C wrote:
                                    I've realised the source of alot of his problems: he fucking thinks he's Doctor Who!
                                    There's definitely a touch of Sylvester McCoy's Doctor about him isn't there?

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Is Raymond Domenech responsible for the poorest showing by a supposed 'big hitter' of world football in the final stages of any tournament, ever?

France need a total clearout, starting with Domenech himself. Last time I saw that much dead wood on a football pitch, it was Bonfire Night on the school fields.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Rinoceronte Mentaverde wrote:
                                        Is Raymond Domenech responsible for the poorest showing by a supposed 'big hitter' of world football in the final stages of any tournament, ever?
                                        Er, France 2002?

Comment

Raymond Domenech

What about France in 2002?

Comment

Raymond Domenech

Sempronio Carpentiere wrote:
                                            Rinoceronte Mentaverde wrote:
                                            Er, France 2002?
                                            This was worse.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

No it wasn't. Then they entered as reigning World and European champions and finished bottom of a weaker group with one point and no goals scored.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

And, so as not to keep you in suspense, I'll tell you why.

The team of 2002 pretty much picked itself. The stars of '98 and '00 were still in their primes, and there were no controversial exclusions, no bright young talents knocking on the door. Sure, they underperformed, but you have to point the finger at the players themselves for that.

Whereas this year, with a France team still making room for the creaking bones of Thuram, Henry etc when several younger contenders couldn't even find a place in the squad, Domenech has to take all the blame.

Comment

Raymond Domenech

(Maybe I should rephrase my original rhetorical question: "Is Raymond Domenech responsible for the poorest managerial performance..." blah blah)

Comment

Working...
                                                  X