Preciousness about your collection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My record collection became too much of a hassle for me to bother to organize. Besides, I kind of knew where everything would be (that should be in the bottom right box, that should be at the back of the large DJ bag etc).

It surprises me actually how I am not one for doing the organizing in stupid ways - it just seems so confining. Plus I would change my mind, or get frustrated.

Comment

Fussbudget wrote:

This is probably going to make me sound very pathetic but I can never, ever imagine merging collections.
      There are quite simply some things in life that aren't up for negotiation, and this is one of them.

Comment

historyman wrote:
        Fussbudget wrote:

This is probably going to make me sound very pathetic but I can never, ever imagine merging collections.
        There are quite simply some things in life that aren't up for negotiation, and this is one of them.
        It was another early sign that the relationship with my final ex wasn't going to last: she didn't want to merge her collection with mine.

It is also a measure of how foolishly smitten I was with her that I wanted to merge them in the first place.

It was like the relationship between Bender and the Planet Express ship, only in reverse.

Comment

P has very few cds. The ones she does own however, are unremittingly awful. So instead of merging, I made a big deal about clearing her some space on the rack for her stuff.
          I once alphabetised my cds, but at one time I bought loads and moving stuff about to fit new ones in is annoying.
          Besides, I can picture in my head pretty much what every spine of every cd I own looks like, so scanning through the 700 or 800 I own takes no time.

My sister's ex-husband was dyslexic. he organised his cds in colour order. Seriously.

Comment

hobbes wrote:
            My sister's ex-husband was dyslexic. he organised his cds in colour order. Seriously.
            You see, I can see that working ...if it weren't for such things as all those pesky (and bland) Island re-issues!

Comment

Working...
            X