Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

No; I really doubt that they are going to pay anywhere near that much.

I seem to have a better opinion of Adebayor than a number of other posters, but if I were running Barcelona I would think seriously about not doing business with Wenger on principle. Petit, Overmars, Henry . . . The list is more than long enough as it is.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Jon wrote:
      "especially when you first catch a glimpse of the Sagrada Familia in the skyline - I never realised it was so tall ..."

Yes it is. And if you look at Gaudi's plans for the finished cathedral, he had intended to add spires that would have made it significantly taller than it is today.
      And so it will be, when it's finished. One of my longest-held dreams is to be there when it's officially opened, it's going to be incredible.

Camp Nou looks absolutely incredible when full and floodlit, but the only ground I've been to that's quieter is the Bernabeu. You should really check out Europa at the Nou Sardenya in Gracia as well though, Lodz. Lovely little ground - I'd love to see a game there.

Barcelona should use the money from Deco, Eto'o and Ronaldinho to find a miracle formula which makes Lionel Messi's hamstrings strong as diamond, without losing any of their flexibility. If they can do that, they needn't worry about signing any other players for the next decade. But if they spunk some of it on Adebayor then, like Ursus, I won't be too disappointed.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

adebayor is a lot younger than any of those players and a hell of a lot more physically active. Petit and henry were decrepit by the time Barcelona signed them, and mark Overmars was broken. Adebayor is much healthier than any of them.

Barcelona are definitely going to have to pay the full price for Adebayor though. For all wenger's poor mouth, arsenal do not have to sell him for anything less than full price, and Barcelona will probably pay it. He's only worth about €15m to Barca though.

He's a more than decent footballer, and a real handful, but I don't think he has the killer mentality of eto'o or the ability of a young henry. It is also worth pointing out that he only managed 2 goals in the CL, both of which were put on a plate for him. If he has any sense he'll stay at arsenal for another season and try to improve his game. i don't think he realises how good he has it there from a footballing sense, and how good his teammates make him look.

I think a lot of the same things apply to hleb as well.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Hmm, so now it appears that Poulsen is leaving for Juventus. On top of Keita and Alves heading off to Barcelona, it's certainly taking some 'punch' away from the SFC defence/midfield.

I'm a big fan of Renato; I don't think he's really been given enough 'protagonismo' in Sevilla, and can be a really classy player. Maresca has his moments, and always seems to add some va va voom to the midfield when he comes on - when he doesn't nut people - but could he do it week in, week out, I wonder ...

The imponderable is Christian Ndri Romaric. Anyone know much about him? It's been reported that he's rather overweight and is really suffering in preseason training ... So, who have we bought? The Makelele/Desailly/Dieter Eilts figure we need, or someone too fond of his food?

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Any truth in the rumour that Fabiano might go to Madrid, Lodz?

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

It's a rumour that's been doing the rounds for months, and resurfaced again in Marca today. I wouldn't rule it out; however, apparently it's Schuster who wants him - maybe he won't have the final say ...

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

You should really check out Europa at the Nou Sardenya in Gracia as well though, Lodz. Lovely little ground - I'd love to see a game there.

Been lucky enough to take in two matches there Sam - lovely Sunday lunchtime experience which includes the traditional cigar-chomping, Sunday lunch, free entrance for women, an artificial pitch, glue-sniffing anarcho-punks behind one goal and the incessant heckling of the chubby centre-forward who ran towards the main stand gesturing to his tormentors before blowing kisses to the woman sat in front of us (his mother apparently). We managed to have a chat with the-then President back in 2001 (the day after a tepid and soulless Barca- Espanyol mismatch) who gave me a guided tour of their trophy room and a hefty book chronicling the club's history. The shirts are based on the old white V on blue of Birmingham City of yore ... apparently. The complete opposite of the Camp Nou and much much better for it.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

PM for Lodz

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Lodz, Marca seems to think that you might replace Poulsen with De La Red, which would be a definite upgrade in my book.

Every Juventino I've spoken with this weekend doesn't want Poulsen at the club.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

De la Red would be an interesting one, it's true. Promising young player, eager to prove himself at a bigger club and all that ... Why don't Juve fans like Poulsen? He's the prototype narky midfielder who sticks his foot in and winds up the opposition - every team should have one ...

Email for adhoc

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

They already have Sissoko and Nedved . . .

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

I was surprised to see Atleti sign Sinama-Pongolle, amidst the more high profile signings, recently. I'd forgotten he was playing in Spain for Recre, I had a quick look at his stats for last year and he scored 10 in 34 which isn't that bad for a side that narrowly missed relegation. Did anyone see much of him last season?

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Saludos a todos, I am a new poster here and this is my first contribution in the Futbol Español section of this message board.

A couple of comments on some of the topics you are touching on now:

-Sinama Pongolle is I think a good signing for Atletico Madrid. He's quick and mobile with a pretty decent eye for goal. He'll be a good alternative to sub in for Aguero and/or Forlan as Atletico seek to make it to the Champions League group stages this coming season.

-Both Sevilla and Valencia are interested in signing Ruben de la Red and with good reason. He'd be a great pickup for either club. Real Madrid once more don't seem interested in keeping one of their canteranos (youth team players) even one who is now a European champion! How typical. Why use him when they could spend millions on a foreign player???!!!

-Getafe have reacquired Esteban Granero from Real Madrid (yet another canterano). An excellent move by Geta, and this time it is a permanent move not a loan. Granero is in my opinion a future candidate to play for Spain and re-signing him is a big boost for Getafe. The club also acquired a German U-21 international defensive midfielder Eugen Polanski from Borussia Monchengladbach. Added to their previous signings of Joffre Guerron and Ibrahim Kas and this is turning into a pretty good summer for Getafe.

Looking forward to discussing Spanish futbol with everyone here.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Sinama Pongolle has been a different player since he left the Premier League. He's a good signing for Atleti, who are currently on tour in Mexico which will please a good Atleti-supporting friend of mine who lives in el DF.

100% agreed with you regarding Madrid's disrespect of their canteranos, merengue. It's nothing short of shocking. Who was the last player to really break through to the first team - Guti?

The thing with de la Red, who I really rate by the way, is that we loaned him to Getafe with an option to buy him back at the end of the season. Then we exercised that option just a few weeks ago. Good news, I thought, he'll be in the plantilla next season. Not even a week later I start to read him being linked with all sorts of clubs in Spain and England too.

Granero's move to Getafe is a really strange one. Yes, it's a permanent move and yet Madrid seem to still have an option to buy him back at any time. How does that work? And if they do opt to buy him back, no doubt, like de la Red, he'll be touted in the transfer market as soon as he returns.

Great to have you with us, merengue. Hala Madrid - ¡a por la decima!

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

I would imagine the main difference for FSP is that he has actually played regular first team football at Recre.

Presumably he will kiss this goodbye at Atleti where he'll be back up to Kun and Forlan.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Welcome aboard, Merengue. I've heard that Madrid are going to use their option on de la Red and play him after all. I can't say I blame them, either. Lately they've been neglecting the cantera, haven't they?

Anyway, my big news is that Oviedo have signed some bloke from Marino de Luanco. See, I told you it was big.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Guiza starts to adapt to life in another country in a cosmopolitan, Reyes-esque fashion ... He'll be complaining about the weather within a month, the food within two, shopping hours by December, and will have returned home to Jerez in time to eat his grapes on New Year's Eve ...

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

when are the bloody fixtures out??? I am off to Barcelona 3-7th October, and need to know who plays whom.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

with any luck you may catch the yol at home

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

¡mañana! (really)

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Espanyol dont get into their new stadium until after Christmas? so its still the Olimpic thing up near Montjuic? ok... I hope they are at home against a decent team, so that the ground actually looks busy.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

agree. i saw seville last season

not much a draw. well, it wasnt, they won 4-2

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

I wouldnt mind having to go and see Barca, but, the last time it was all Bocadillas and bollocks.

When I go to Barcelona, I want PASSION! (ok, I can take that to another thread, but you know what I mean)

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Senyor Pirotecnic wrote:
                                                  ¡mañana! (really)
                                                  Thanks Senyor

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

They're doing the draw now.

Primera Jornada (30/31 August)

Racing Santander - Sevilla
                                                    Athletic Bilbao - Almería
                                                    Espanyol - Valladolid
                                                    Numancia - Barcelona
                                                    Atlético Madrid - Málaga
                                                    Valencia - Mallorca
                                                    Deportivo - Real Madrid
                                                    Betis - Recreativo
                                                    Osasuna - Villareal
                                                    Sporting Gijón - Getafe

Comment

Working...