Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Me voy al Manzanares...

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

VISCA EL BARÇA!

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

"DEPOR LA CORUNA" (to the tune of "viva l espania". If "we" continue the form of the last few months of 2007-8 we should have the title sewn up by xmas.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

So, OTF favourite Luis Aragones is off to Fenerbahce after the Euros, and looks likely to be replaced by Vincente Del Bosque.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Sevilla have signed French wingback Konko from Genoa.

He's not Dani Alves, but I think that Lodzu will be pleased in the long run. Inter have been after him for a couple of years, but Sevilla were clearly willing to put more money on the table and provide better chances of a starting place.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Vamos Atletico!!

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Marca is saying that Barca have signed Adebayor for 27 million euro. That has put a smile on my face.

I am honestly becoming uncharacteristically optimistic about our chances this season.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

he is crap.

BUT why do arsenal keep losing what they see as their best players?

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

¡Sevilla hasta la muerte!

Yeah, I've heard about Konko being linked with SFC, but I must admit I know nothing about him, so will have to wait and see on this one.

Purely coincidentally, and not in any way just following Dani Alves around the country, I'm currently preparing to move to Sabadell, in the outskirts of Barcelona. Remains to be seen what my fútbol options will be, whether sticking with CE Sabadell, tarting off to the Camp Nou, or venturing into murky Derris territory and following The Yol ...

Internet's been cut off for weeks in my Madrid flat, so luckily for you guys I haven't been on here venting my spleen yet again about Spanish media coverage of Euro2008, with all the usual childish nonsense from the commentators. Suffice to say, I will scream the next time I hear anyone say 'Podemos' ...

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

I'm even more optimistic having seen derris' opinion of Adebayor.

Lodzu, you like to move around, don't you?

Pretty much all I know about Sabadell is that they play in blue and white quarters, so it may depend on how you feel about Bristol Rovers.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Aupa Atleti! (that makes 3 of us Chasbo, we can have these lot easy)

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

And speaking of Atleti, according to France Football, they are about to sign Gregory Coupet.

So much for his primary goal being for his kids to become native English speakers.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

My colours are also nailed to the Atletico mast. Heitinga and Ujfalusi are interesting signings. I thought that Coupet would be a good signing for a lot of teams, but he looked a bit half hearted for France - especially that goal he conceded to Van Persie (?) where he didn't seem bothered to try and save it.

Goal.com says that Braulio has left for Zaragoza and Mista has joined Depor.

I saw earlier that another Spaniard had joined the enclave at Liberty Stadium down in South Wales. They have quite a community there now.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Amunt Valencia!

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Bona tarda to all from Sabadell! ... Went on a bit of a wander into Barcelona yesterday, and naturally headed for Montjuic and the Camp Nou first. Nearly killed me, walking up to The Yol in about 35 degree midday heat, but the stadium was quite starkly impressive and grand as befitting an Olympic location. Was a bit less impressed with their megastore, in which they were visibly surprised that I asked about a list of abono prices for 2008-09, which they couldn't give me ...

I know lots of you have been to the Camp Nou, and I'm sure it's great inside with a full house, but it wasn't half dull walking round the outside of it - all concretey and with moody pictures of Puyol staring down at you ...

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

It can actually be almost equally devoid of atmosphere with 80,000 people inside . . .

More than 35,000 socios have cast their ballots in the no confidence vote as of 20h00, which I think is a pretty good turnout considering that it the vote is on a Sunday in July.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

lodz, the mega store portocabin isn't great. did you walk up from placa espanya? nice walk that, although the funicular isnt without its charm. I know I should know but is the new sarria not ready?

thought i had made my last visit to the olympic. you there all year? will be over for a game in october. ant says you owe him a pint so i can collect

from the outside the nou camp isn't impressive, its sunken inside so doesnt look great from the outside. no sort of walk up really, just a load of locked gates operated by moody guards

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

Yes, I walked up from the Placa de Espanya, and it was an impressive sight on the way up looking at the palace, and on the way down with the view over the city - especially when you first catch a glimpse of the Sagrada Familia in the skyline - I never realised it was so tall ...

As far as I know, The Yol's new stadium will be ready 'sometime this season', maybe in the New Year or something ...

I should, barring disasters, be here for the next 12 months, so would be happy to honour ant's promise and buy you a Damm watching the periquitos ...

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

"especially when you first catch a glimpse of the Sagrada Familia in the skyline - I never realised it was so tall ..."

Yes it is. And if you look at Gaudi's plans for the finished cathedral, he had intended to add spires that would have made it significantly taller than it is today.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

In what should not be a surprise to anyone, Laporta has survived the vote of confidence.

Nevertheless, the fact that almost 61% (23,870) of the socios who bothered to show up at the Camp Nou voted against him (the motion needed 2/3 to pass) should make him think a bit about his communication skills.

Comment

Futbol Espanol 2008-09

are barcelona really going to pay €38 million for Emmanuel Adebayor? That's amazing. What exactly do they think they are buying? I suppose If a player in the style of freddie kanoute can be so successful then...

Comment

Working...
                                                  X