R.I.P. Simoncelli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P. Simoncelli

Oh no! I really liked him. What a horrible shame.

I'm not sure I want to see the footage, judging from the description of the crash.

R.I.P. Simoncelli

Gutted about this. A really exciting rider and seen - not just by me - as Rossi's natural successor.

I hope those riders that have been less than complimentary about his riding don't come out gushing about how great he was. That would leave a bad taste.

A terrible week to be a motor sports fan.

Comment

R.I.P. Simoncelli

When his helmet went spinning across the track I thought for one jaw-dropping moment that he'd had his head knocked clean off.

Comment

R.I.P. Simoncelli

What a terrible fortnight

Comment

R.I.P. Simoncelli

Rogin, veranda chair fan wrote:
          When his helmet went spinning across the track I thought for one jaw-dropping moment that he'd had his head knocked clean off.
          They showed this on CNN World Sport last night, I don't know why they had to show it when he died as a result of it.

He was wearing a helmet one size to big for him to accommodate his hair but surely it should not have come off.

Sad news RIP .

Comment

R.I.P. Simoncelli

Guy Martin (and others) have been sharing this video montage of Simoncelli's exploits on Facebook.

I know it might sound silly, but he reminded me of Senna, only on two wheels: in some ways quiet, but with a flamboyant driving style that relied heavily on ridiculous overtaking manoeuvres. Moto GP will be a less entertaining formula without him.

Comment

R.I.P. Simoncelli

Very fine piece on why this has hit Italy so hard.

People have been crying for days. Thousands have left messages, seeking to understand this tragedy.

Messages like, "I never felt so empty and cried so much for someone I didn't know personally."

Marco Simoncelli was not just one of Italy's most promising motorcycling stars, he brought sunshine into a hard world, in hard times.
              And that's what makes his death at a race in Malaysia last weekend, at the age of only 24, so hard to bear.

"Someone says that God calls the best ones first; maybe that's why he had to go," said his father Paolo, before breaking into tears.

Comment

Working...
              X