Fools Gold/What the World Is Waiting For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A double A-side single by the Stone Roses, either of which could apply to the Stone Roses resurrection, though the first seems the far more likely out come for this second coming. Having announced gigs for the end of June next year, I'd say their hardest job will be to stay together that long.
    Apart from Reni, time has not been kind to the members of the band

Squire belongs on the Men who look like old lesbians website, Mani looks like the Moog from Willo the Wisp, and of course Ian Brown has always looked like he hasn't fallen far down the evolutionary tree.
    They're going to struggle to recreate the good times of old.

Sean of the Shed wrote:

Apart from Reni, time has not been kind to the members of the band

Squire belongs on the Men who look like old lesbians website, Mani looks like the Moog from Willo the Wisp, and of course Ian Brown has always looked like he hasn't fallen far down the evolutionary tree.
    Ha ha very good. But maybe Reni has had the cruelest fate of all - I think he looks like he should be in a Brother Beyond reunion tour.

"The band said the death of Mani's mother earlier this year was the catalyst that brought them back together, even though the bassist had poured scorn on reunion rumours that surfaced shortly after the funeral."

Nothing to do with illegal downloads affecting their ability to live off their royalties then.

Comment

To be fair, Ian Brown is looking a lot more cheerful there than he normally does.

In fact...

-

-

Comment

Fuckers.

Comment

Hang on;

Ordnance Survey Map

The Stone Roses

Comment

Saucer of milk for Mr Shed!

Girls have always liked Ian Brown; to approximately quote Sybil Fawlty again, "you seem to think we girls should be aroused by people like Montgomery and Baden-Powell".

My mate went out with Reni, and I must say he's looking very good, but generally, they're middle aged blokes who want you to buy their music, not snog them.

Comment

Spike Island thread too good for ya, eh...eh?

Comment

Top picture looks like the tabloids got a younger picture of them and artificially aged it.

Comment

MsD wrote:

My mate went out with Reni
                  *genuinely impressed face*

Please tell us some things about Reni.

Comment

Don't remember anything specific, but she's a top quality girlfriend, and she thought he was nice.

Comment

MsD wrote:

Girls have always liked Ian Brown; to approximately quote Sybil Fawlty again, "you seem to think we girls should be aroused by people like Montgomery and Baden-Powell".
                      Not so sure about Monty, but I'm pretty sure that girls would've been wasting their time with Baden-Powell anyhow.

Comment

it's a quote from Fawlty Towers which makes the point that .. Oh, never mind.

Comment

Working...
                        X