No announcement yet.

Jeff Lynne and ELO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still strikes me as a lot for a venue the size of the Garden, but then Springsteen on Broadway tickets are going for well over USD 2000 a pop even though they’ve extended the run by four months starting next February
    Last edited by ursus arctos; 01-12-2017, 13:30.

Comment

That is crazy.

Comment

Yeah, Lynne is playing the Forum in LA next year, and the cheapest tickets were $90. I probably would have paid that if not for seeing them at the Hollywood Bowl last year, when the tickets were only about $45.

Comment

The MSG tickets start at $89.50 for almost behind the stage. Other seats range from $180 to $400. Nosebleeds are $125 to $160.

Comment

Inca's post made me realize that I saw them in 2016, not this year. I would have sworn it was just a few months ago.

Comment

I love ELO but 100 bucks? It's a tribute at the Robin2 club in Bilston for me- venue has a Roy Wood bar and all

Comment

I’ve seen them three times since the current incarnation started touring (Hyde Park, The O2 and an album launch thing at the 600 capacity Porchester Hall) and they are some of the best gigs I’ve seen in recent years.

The Hyde Park show was genuinely jaw-dropping and tear-jerking (and the other two didn’t fall far short). I never thought I’d see those songs performed live by the main man behind them so to do so was almost like seeing Wales in a major tournament finals such was it’s Holy Grail nature.

The ticket prices are ridiculous of course but if you’ve never experienced ELO live (though FF clearly has) then I would bite the bullet just this once if you can afford it.
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-12-2017, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
                  The MSG tickets start at $89.50 for almost behind the stage. Other seats range from $180 to $400. Nosebleeds are $125 to $160.
                  As an illustration of ticket price inflation, I paid about $125 (the same as the cheapest nosebleeds above) for best seats to see Van Halen Proper with David Lee Roth returning in Orlando’s arena in 2012.

Comment

On the strength of this thread, I've just bought 2 tickets for ELO at the 02 next year.
                    £115 each. Oh and then there's the small matter of the THIRTY FECKING QUID IN FEES.
                    Seriously, even when they're not scalping you, ticket sellers are scalping you.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                      I love ELO but 100 bucks? It's a tribute at the Robin2 club in Bilston for me- venue has a Roy Wood bar and all
                      I can remember Roy Wood leading the singing on Christmas Eve at Walsall Rugby Club. God knows what I was doing there, let alone him.

Comment

Roy Wood was trying to do student/club tours in the nineties with his ‘Big Band’ who consisted of session musicians and (in his own words) “ a couple of nice dolly birds doing backing vocals up front with me”.

When asked how much they would cost to book he replied “Five...” before being interrupted with a spluttered “FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS?!” to which he sheepishly responded in melancholic a Brummie lilt “No, five hundred”.

Sad, the guy’s a genius.
                        Last edited by Ray de Galles; 01-12-2017, 17:07.

Comment

The regular income aside, I think his Christmas hit overshadows his wider body of work to a greater degree than Slade or The Pogues suffer from.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                            On the strength of this thread, I've just bought 2 tickets for ELO at the 02 next year.
                            £115 each. Oh and then there's the small matter of the THIRTY FECKING QUID IN FEES.
                            Seriously, even when they're not scalping you, ticket sellers are scalping you.
                            Yes, if the stated ticket price were the end of it, it would be bad enough, but the fees are like having to buy another ticket.

Comment

Working...
                            X