India v England ODI series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one bothered by this? Just as well - both sides are back to playing like they did in the World Cup, and India motoring towards a 2-0 lead. England undone by very English-style new-ball bowling from India early on, and not able to lay a punch on Kohli and Gambhir as they chase down the target.

Harrumph.

Comment

Was just thinking of posting a "so, no one really cares about this" comment on the older thread.

Do you think that it is just the difference in the conditions? Or a case of post-Test series complacency?

As I'm sure you will agree, it is disgraceful that Australia are only playing two tests in South Africa.

Comment

It is indeed. And what with the shelving off the World Test Championship in favour of another pointless Champions Trophy, I'm pondering whether I find modern cricket administration even more useless and depressing than I do in football.

England seem to have lost momentum, certainly, and India actually look like they want to be there.

Comment

Oh dear, I know they've got to offer a perspective, but the Sky team are going all over-analytical again. Anyone would think we've never been miserably poor in an overseas ODI series before.

The day will finally come they hold a World Cup in this country, and we'll piss it.

Comment

I cannot get TMS commentary on the web for overseas games/tours, which dampens my ardour a little.

I have been following ball-by-ball on Cricinfo and I am a little disappointed (though I am not very partisan about international one cricket) if not surprised that we are getting well beaten.

Comment

Indeed, the restriction on TMS for non-domestic matches is quite maddening, especially in countries like Italy and the United States where there is no "local broadcaster" to protect.

Comment

Working...
              X