Shameless blog plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shameless blog plug

For (some of) the latest goings on in ice hockey in Finland, visit here. I'm trying to get the hits per day into double figures...

Shameless blog plug

Muuk, what has been the Finnish reaction to the Sabres/Duck game in Helsinki (and the whole tour)?

The North American reaction has tended to focus on stupid pieces on Finland along the lines of "Hey, they speak English!", "Wow! They eat moose.", "The girls are really cute!", etc.

Comment

Shameless blog plug

That's a pity, because I saw the last half or so of Jokerit - Ducks and thought the ice hockey was excellent. You undoubtedly remember my opinion of Jokerit - Penguins of some years back; well, on the evidence of one game (...) what was a gulf is now a strait, and not a very wide one at that. The Ducks won for sure, but there was a substantial section of the final period where the pyjama men carved several good chances, eradicated the deficit, and might have taken the game.

It's difficult to get the clearest of pictures from up north because this is very much an Helsinki, not a national, thing (the same night we were across town playing Helsinki's other half), but the TV focus about the Ducks was very much on the Finnish angle, especially Selänne, and to a lesser extent Koivu. BC may have a better perspective on this than me.

Comment

Shameless blog plug

I saw the highlights of Jokerit/Ducks and was also impressed by the hockey. I'm not sure that the Ducks were going all out, but Jokerit played well and the crowd seemed to be into it (in large part because of Teemu).

It may be that as a younger team, the Ducks don't travel as well as a team like the Penguins.

Comment

Working...
        X