Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Cavendish!!!!

WHAT A FINISH!

He's come from about 12th and in the pack with 300m to go, to nick it on the line!

Britain has a World Champion!

It's Cavendish!!!!

3 years of effort behind that, according to Cav in his post-race interview, ever since they realised Copenhagen would be exactly the course for him - to put together a Team GB of the highest quality possible and plan exactly what they did today in delivering the outcome of today's race. Amazing stuff.

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

Absolutely epic.

Brilliant team performance crowned by an amazing individual effort.

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

That was a really, really impressive performance by the team as a whole. Kept the early break at just enough length, didn't panic at the attacks at about 50km to go, didn't burn all their riders up too fast. Absolute masterpiece apart from when Cav lost the wheel in the closing stages, but he still didn't do anything daft and let the race come to him.

It certainly makes a change from the days when we sent a team to the Worlds and were delighted because someone got 43rd.

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

I've just watched it. Magnificent! Had a lump in my throat after he crossed the line - that was an incredible finish.

I felt so privileged to watch him in London last week. More so now.

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

I haven't seen anything other than the sprint finish online, so I can't comment on the team performance, but that was impressive stuff (again) from Cavendish. He really is as close to unstoppable in those situations as it's possible to be.

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

Rogin, veranda chair fan wrote:
              3 years of effort behind that, according to Cav in his post-race interview, ever since they realised Copenhagen would be exactly the course for him - to put together a Team GB of the highest quality possible and plan exactly what they did today in delivering the outcome of today's race. Amazing stuff.
              Second all of that Rogin.

Again Cavendish praises his team, he may be the best but he does seem to know that he cannot do it alone.

What a great season for UK cycling, 2 and 3 in Spain, green jersey and now this.

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

Well my heart only leapt when it looked, briefly, like Johnny Hoogerland was gonna link up with Tommy Voeckler in a last-ditch break.

Admiring the efficiency of a controlling team is not the same as romance or excitement.

In fact the best bit about Cavendish's win was that he was left alone for the last few hundred metres and still won it.

On a related note: Wiggins (silver already in pocket), Froome etc would clearly sacrifice themselves in a Worlds like that-what price a Sky Cavendish lead out of anything like those proportions if Wiggins/Froome etc are supposed to be competing for the GC?

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

And most importantly Cav is going with black shorts for his WC kit.

Comment

It's Cavendish!!!!

And the worst kept secret ever is revealed...

Comment

Working...
                    X