X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Thick Of It: favourite swearing / best lines

The Moral Animal wrote:
    What's this all about, then?

A film from the production team behind The Thick Of It, featuring a few of the actors (seemingly playing the same characters as in the show) along with Steve Coogan and James Gandolfini.

Someone tell me why I shouldn't be very excited about this...
    I heard Chris Addison talking about filming this in Washington DC, sounds very interesting.

BBC Press Release

Comment

Chris Addison's also in the BBC comedy called Lab Rats, which judging by a clip they just showed on The One Show, looks pretty bad.

Anyone - Horse, Hamann - confirm?

Comment

The Moral Animal wrote:
        Chris Addison's also going to be in a BBC comedy called Lab Rats, which judging by a clip they just showed on The One Show, could be pretty bad.

Horse, Hamann - any inside information?
        Have watched the first two episodes and it's really, really quite bad. you can kind of see what they were aiming for, sort of "Father Ted" style, slightly surreal humour but it's just childishly unfunny.

This weeks episdoe featured a really poor cameo by Robin Ince, I just spent the whole time watching him thinking 'Robin, what the fuck are you doing?'

Comment

Hieronymus of Hesselink wrote:
          Christ, Peter Capaldi looks really unhealthy in it. I hope it's make-up.
          I saw him in the street the other day and he looked fine.

Comment

Yes, Lab Rats is sub-Father Ted "only man in brightly lit room who isn't mentally ill deals wearily with room full of mentally ill people shouting" stuff. Gags spewed into a big comedy vacuum, with the extra problems of a) characters whose only characteristic really is where they come from; b) flagrant breaching of the "show, don't tell" rule, with characters constantly describing off-screen action. A shame, because it's got Geoffrey McGivern in it, who I think is great but who is totally wasted here.

Incidentally Addison writes Lab Rats, it's his baby. Armando Iannucci encouraged him to do a mainstream sitcom.

Comment

Having seen one episode, Iannucci's advice is one of the few mistakes he's made in his career.

Comment

Working...
              X