X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-League Day this Saturday

Er, that's it.

We're away, which is just as well as our board refused to do any kind of a promotion for our home game last year.

Comment

FC United v Rusholme Olympiakos. Or someone. Doubt we're doing owt special for it, mind.

Comment

"Hitchin Town - is inviting fans from Premier/Football League clubs and local Blue Square Premier club Luton Town to join their regular supporters on Non-League Day 2011 - September 3rd. The club has pledged to make a charitable donation based on the number of season ticket holders and members from these clubs that attend the Canaries’ game with Bashley (kick-off 3.00pm). Hitchin Town will donate 50% of the total gate received from these fans to the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth."

Comment

There are a lot of promotions going on.

It looks as if I will be at Hastings United vs Carshalton Athletic, on my own and holding a little pennant with "FOOTBALL" printed on the side of it.

Comment

I'd been toying with the idea of going to Wimbledon v Port Vale but that seems against the spirit of the day so it'll probably be Molesey v Guildford City in the CCL.

Comment

Wealdstone v Bury Town for me. After, of course, the televisual delights of Swindon Town v Rotherham United...

Comment

I spent nine years watching non-league football without having had a choice in the matter. So thanks, but no thanks.

Comment

Bath City haven't got a match home or away which is just as well considering their form at the moment

Comment

Larkhall Athletic v Odd Down in the FA Cup seems your nearest choice.

Comment

GO, I'll be at that Wealdstone game.

Comment

Larkhall Athletic v Odd Down in the FA Cup seems your nearest choice.
                        I wouldn't bother normally but, as it is the FA Cup, I may. Indeed, I may be able to get a game if I take my boots

Comment

I'd go just because I'm tickled by the idea of a football club called Odd Down.

My research in to my likely game on Saturday is fascinating. Is Guildford the only non-city to have a club with the suffix City? Is it the largest conurbation to have a club at such a low level as the CCL? Do they really have a Barbadian international called Elvis Defreitas?

Comment

Thought I might drag sw2 along to watch Synthonia but it turns out that they're away on that day (at bloody Penrith!) as are all our other local non-league teams so I guess not.

Comment

This suggests Guisborough Town v Shildon in the FA Cup, Fussbudget.

Comment

I see Guernsey are a member of the non-league pyramid. How does that work? Do they subsidise the travelling expenses of the opposition?

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                  Is Guildford the only non-city to have a club with the suffix City?
                                  Chelmsford have that as well. Still a county town really. And MK did, but I think MK City long since bit the dust.

Would've been at the Wealdstone game most probably, but a friend's wedding has taken precedence.

Comment

Ek weet nie wrote:
                                    I see Guernsey are a member of the non-league pyramid. How does that work? Do they subsidise the travelling expenses of the opposition?
                                    I was told that the pay all travel and accomodation costs and even provide the away team with a kit if required.

Comment

I'd go just because I'm tickled by the idea of a football club called Odd Down.
                                      Bath Arsenal Juniors Under 12s home matches are going to be at Odd Down this season

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                        This suggests Guisborough Town v Shildon in the FA Cup, Fussbudget.
                                        Thanks Harry but it turns out we already had plans for the day, guess we'll go patronise our local minnows another time. Plus Guisborough Town look like mini-Mackems so I'd struggle to cheer them on.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                          Ek weet nie wrote:
                                          I was told that the pay all travel and accomodation costs and even provide the away team with a kit if required.
                                          Wasn't there an article in WSC about this recently? Or did I read it somewhere else? Definitely seen something about the situation in recent months.

Anyway not wanting to feel left out this weekend so I think I'll go to AC Voghera v Aurora Seriate in Serie D on Sunday.

Comment

did I read it somewhere else? Definitely seen something about the situation in recent months.

On here. But I can't remember the thread.

Comment

This is what you're looking for, along with this. Seems they've five wins and a draw from their first six games, so looking good for promotion already.

Comment

Everyday is Non-League Day, grumble grumble. I shall be supporting the Imps as they visit Braintree, kick off at 7pm. Please come and distract me from watching certain defeat.

Comment

That's part of the Blue Square Hop, no?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X