Non-stop OTF Music quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

Which decade are we talking? If it's the 60's, I guess there's only one contender.

Comment

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

Is there?

The first live via satellite song, was All You Need is Love but it wasn't performed on ToTP. It was part of a multi-nation link called Our World. There may have been another one in the 60s but I'm hard-pressed to recall it.

Comment

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

That still doesn't tell us what was the first 'via satellite' performance on TOTP. (Unless of course, it was New Order - which I kind of doubt...)

Comment

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

I've been able to verify the answer now and it is what I thought. 1990s, a lesser known early single by a huge selling artist.

Comment

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

Crystal Staples wrote: (EDIT: to PPV) Yeah sorry, decided this thread needed dusting off though as there are plenty of questions up there that remain unanswered. But the subject of Metallica bassists brings me onto:

#97 Cliff Burton was in a high school band with Mike Bordin (Faith No More) and which other musician who's had a UK number 1?
            Sorry for what?
            This is a brilliant thread and compared to much of the dust I start it's diamonds.

Comment

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

I thought for #52, are they all mentioned in billy Joel's 'We didn't start the fire'?

I'll put that in as my guess for #87 as well...

Comment

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

The other 1994 hit single referencing Bob Marley is Give It Away by the appalling Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

Comment

Non-stop OTF Music quiz

Yes to Give It Away, given a UK release three years after the album that contained it.

Comment

Working...
                  X