Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IAAF World Championships

Ennis adds a silver to Farah's.

Looks like if Britain's going to get a gold it'll have to be that lad with the pink hair who does the hop, skip and jump. Unless the 4x400 bunch are able to pull one out of the bag at the end again this year.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

I think Dai Green is a good shout for gold in the 400m hurdles.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Worst bit of the coverage of the heptathlon this morning was Ricky Edwards repeatedly referring to Ennis' coach as Tony "Limoncello". He's a highly respect coach, not a crap liquer you ill-advisedly broght back from a cheap weekend away.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Actually it's pretty sad that most of the posts on the thread appear to be about the quality of the TV coverage.

So.

GO TEAM GB. Yeh.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Lucky Louie wrote:
            Worst bit of the coverage of the heptathlon this morning was Ricky Edwards repeatedly referring to Ennis' coach as Tony "Limoncello". He's a highly respect coach, not a crap liquer you ill-advisedly broght back from a cheap weekend away.
            He never makes those kind of mistakes when he interviews The Saturdays on T4.

I think he's ventured out of his comfort zone.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Is he confusing him with Andrew Lemoncello who used to run in the steeplechase?

Just caught up with the backlog of recordings, unfortunately found out the Pentathlon result before having chance to see it. Enjoyed the Mens 800; down the back straight I had a feeling Borzhakovsky might spring a surprise but Rudisha was majestic.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Deley's got the boot. Bad as he was, I really feel for the guy. He was clearly miles out of his depth and it's horrible watching someone dying on live tv.

Apparently a 'highlights' clip of his gags have been doing the round on YouTube, but keep swiftly getting pulled.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

He looked miles out of his depth doing kids' TV. And the idea that kids' TV presenters must make ideal sports presenters has obviously been borne out of Jake Humphries on the BBC, who is so stilted and awkward he makes David Coulthard look like a human being.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

It's difficult to know what is becoming urban myth and what is actually fact. His 'highlights' reportedly included...

Oscar Pistorius running in the 400m hurdles.

Asking Michael Johnson if he ever did the Pole Vault.

Johnson having to announce the commercial break.

Calling Usain Bolt "Leo".

Luckily I missed all of this, but still squirm when I think of him interviewing Johnson and Tyson Gay in the studio, while squealing something like, "I can't believe I'm in the same room!!!"

Neither could we Ortis. Neither could we.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

YESS!! Dai Greene! World Champion!

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Yup - called that one right, apart from misspelling his name. But he's been a very cool customer. Not a huge surprise, though with 100 metres to go he looked just a bit too far off the pace.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Likely to be omitted from Ortis Deley's CV.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Gutted that I missed Dai Greene winning this morning. Looking forward to catching up on 4 tonight with its extensive highlights show. All thirty minutes of it...

I hope they get this shit sorted before the Paralympics next year.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

It was a fantastic run. One of the joys of working from home is being able to watch this stuff live. It's been a good day.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Well done Hannah England. A suprise, to me anyway, silver.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

The Welsh geezer was brilliant and Hannah's run (upside the outside) was helped that so many in the race had been done with a fracas, previously.

That said, she done better than she expected, and when she expects more, perhaps, more will be gained.

We (UK) wont get any more golds, but, I hope that that triple jumper comes very close (and Mo Farah doesnt bottle it... why do I keep thinking that UK has a tradition in long distance? Not Brendan Foster, or (shit, the hairy other guy) or Frank Clement)... oh well.

I love this tournament. It hasnt been shite. Difference is all. See you next year, when it will be the next time you give a shit.

Meadows going now... she will be ok (semi... no, her, not me)

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Fucking hell: Caster Semanya just went ... warm up.

Fucking hell (and I am a fan... can she 'do' Kratochvilova? Can anyone?)

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Not without serious chemical assistance.

There was an interesting piece over here last week arguing that the women's record book should be rewritten to allow contemporary competitors a chance (Kratochivilova's mark was set in 1983).

Comment

IAAF World Championships

yeah, unfortunately. And Marita Koch, fnarr.

Shame really, cos they got close to Heike Drechsler, who was trying her *best, and then if I have to think about Kornelia Ender, my formative years are shit.

Nice long jump by the American, but not the record... that will be a LONG way away.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

(day off, and eating the best 'snacks' ever... some people never let up... incidentally what is the singular of Pintxo?)

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Why is it that the American competitors have to be so fucking 'in your face, youcunt' type people, as athletes?

Comment

IAAF World Championships

oh, wow. contemptuous.

(Usain Bolt, in mullering the others)

Comment

IAAF World Championships

Amazing women's javelin contest going on at the moment.

Comment

IAAF World Championships

(aside (mens javelin qualifying)... the mens fucked the Finnish guy... Hatemaika? or something, that was a shocker... The Norwegian is Zelezny, mark 2: untouchable)

Comment

IAAF World Championships

I think something happened with UK channel 4: they have the whole day live, today.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X