• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Open Tennis 2011

Nope. Breaker.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

what a match this has been. The lack of a truly dominating serve for either man does help the match become like this with lots of breaks but still, the quality on display coupled with the intensity is astonishing.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

If Djokovic wins this tiebreaker, will this be the closest straight sets victory ever?

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Fuck me, this is one phenomenal game of tennis.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Didn't Sampras beat Agassi in three tie breaks one year?

Incredible level, feel so sorry for Murray having to beat these two if he ever wants to win a slam.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Bit of unfortunate timing as long-time announcer Al Trautwig (on the USOpen.org feed...at work, so missing Dick Enberg's swan song) says "Rafael Nadal reaches back and pulls out a winner" just as the camera shows him reaching back and picking at his shorts.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Rusedski just said he has never seen 3 sets take this long. I have a funny feeling these two played a clay court match a couple of years ago that went over 4 hours for a three set match.

Anyway this might be the most astonishing match ever. Almost every point seems littered with ridiculous drama.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

They two best retrievers in the sport doing their thing (just, Murray is also close on this measure).
                  I fear Djokovic's body might fail on him, though.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Nadal 6/4 to win now. That's a good price. If he gets a break up in this set, we're in the 'only one winner now' zone.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Looking at all of the treatment that Djokovic is getting on his back, I'd make that bet.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Glad I didn't take up that bet. Djokovic two breaks up, 5-1 and serving for match.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

After that 3rd set tiebreaker it looked like Nadal got some second wind, but Djokovic truly destroyed him.

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Amazing to think that Djokovic had all but accepted defeat to Federer when he faced two match points, deciding on a wild do-or-die return. It came off, and onwards he marched.

Speaking of which, when was the last time a grand slam winner had faced match point earlier in the tournament?

Comment

US Open Tennis 2011

Safin saved a match point when he beat Federer in the Semi on his way to the 2005 Aussie title. But I guess there has been a more recent example than this.

Comment

Working...
                              X