• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important mascot news

kevchenko13 wrote:
    The new Hammer is quite a bit scarier than the previous one I reckon:

The old one looks like Timmy Mallett's sidekick:

Kids wouldn't have fucked with Timmy Mallett if his mallet had looked less like a cute Disney cartoon and more like a retarded Transformer, they wouldn't have dared hesitate or repeat a word during a game of Mallett's mallet.

Comment

Important mascot news

Haribo West wrote:
      Millwall have done a sterling job of removing all the old pictures of Zampa, pre-cartoonification, but you can still find some.

Ropey the Lion:

"Rooooa...*ack-ackh-ackkkk*...ooar.

Oh God, that one had blood in it"
      That's the first mascot I've ever seen that genuinely deserves the term "rheumy-eyed". Kudos.

Comment

Important mascot news

From Huddersfield Giants. Wonderful.

Comment

Important mascot news

Forget the Champions League final or the World Cup, this is the highlight to any football season, The Mascot Grand National

Comment

Important mascot news

tratorello wrote:
            Forget the Champions League final or the World Cup, this is the highlight to any football season, The Mascot Grand National
            Excellent - a worthy 1,000th post.

Meanwhile, here's a PROPER mascot:

Comment

Important mascot news

Pah! That's not a mascot, this is a mascot;

Comment

Important mascot news

They play 4-2-4. What did I say? Goat-1-2.

Comment

Important mascot news

The West Ham Sharks will soon be terrorising the Premier League once more and there's nothing you haters can do about it!

Comment

Important mascot news

Is that new mascot upthread supposed to he a hammerhead shark then, as per the OP?

Comment

Important mascot news

Southend's mascot appears to be a Ku Klux Klansman:

Comment

Important mascot news

Anyone have any idea what this was supposed to be?

Neither did we, although a chupacabras was a popular guess at the time.

Comment

Important mascot news

Aldershot's mascot is worthy of at least a mention here. Not for anything particularly spectacular about his appearance. More his demeanour.

And it's not just me

The match began and all three of us sensed something that was unsettling our karma. We couldn’t put our finger on it until we almost simultaneously realised what was causing our unrest. It was the Phoenix; Aldershot’s mascot that stood unnervingly still for the full 90 minutes in the corner of the ground like a malevolent presence. It reminded you of a horror film where the menace lurks slightly out of focus, you blink momentarily and then the thing is right next to you.
                          I swear on the four occasions I've seen him this creature was less phoenix and more sloth. An Aldershot fan remarked that inside the suit was a fan who was banned from the ground and was only allowed in if he performed mascot duties (presumably the bare minimum of them).

Comment

Important mascot news

Any excuse:

Comment

Important mascot news

This is Blue III. He is in training right now.

This is Blue II who he will succeed. With some dude.

Comment

Important mascot news

Turner prize nominated artist David Shrigley has designed Partick Thistle's new mascot:

Can't wait to see him (her? it?) observing a minute's silence.

Comment

Important mascot news

All New George wrote:

From Huddersfield Giants. Wonderful.
                                  That's Joe Swanson. Shouldn't he be in a wheelchair?

Comment

Important mascot news

Gawpus wrote: Turner prize nominated artist David Shrigley has designed Partick Thistle's new mascot:

Can't wait to see him (her? it?) observing a minute's silence.
                                    That's scary as f*ck - I like it.

Comment

Bodhran McDrumface.

https://twitter.com/DaireJWalsh/status/1098180499443453952

Comment

I had the satisfaction tonight of telling a really good Polish student of mine that the ‘mascots/minute’s silence’ memes he was sharing originated on a message board I have been frequenting for many years (#otfpride)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                                          I see Barry the Bodhran has been equipped with a drumstick, presumably to beat himself in the face with, to encourage the crowd to cheer.

Comment

Last edited by DPDPDPDP; 22-02-2019, 19:49. Reason: Oops made a bollocks of that. Surely the best ever name for a mascot, Inverness Caley Thistle's Lionel Nessie

Comment

That's been posted about before on the other mascot thread, but yeah, pure brilliance that.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/fifacom/status/1099286776064163840?s=21[/URL]

https://twitter.com/fifacom/status/1...064163840?s=21

Comment

Cor, funny reading back my own words from 2012 when I was clearly much more of a City fan. Funny how it goes.

Anyway, Norwich have retired the old Captain Canary. The new one is on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post

Ipswich seem to have lost Crazee horse, too.
                                                    And at least I can report that Crazee must have just been absent for a bit as he's been at all the games we saw in the couple of seasons before Covid. Daughter was particularly pleased in one match when we had to nip out in the second half to take her to the loo, and we bumped into Crazee just behind the Co-Op stand - he was getting his drum.

Here's a quick video I took of him the season before last. Can't wait to get back.
                                                    Last edited by Kevin S; 28-04-2021, 12:10.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X