Decision 79

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decision 79

As part of their "Thatcher Night" BBC4 are currently showing four hours of their 1979 election night coverage, seemingly as live.

If it wasn't for the fact I already know the unhappy ending I'd be tempted to stay up and watch it. Dimbleby is hosting, I thought Robin Day was doing it then or was that just Question Time?

Decision 79

It's alright, Robin Day's on now. It must have been him and Dimbleby acting as a tag team.

I will stay up a while longer hoping to get a glimpse of Roy Jenkins. Fuck, Peregrine Worsthorne's just popped up.

Comment

Decision 79

Hang on, Jenkins didn't stand in 1979 did he? I wonder if he'll be on one of the panels? Probably not worth waiting up to see, maybe I'll record it.

Fuck, just checking Jenkins periods as an MP and I hadn't clicked that when Jenkins lost Glasgow Hillhead in 1987 it was to George Galloway. I teared up a bit at his speech that night, I am only slightly ashamed to say.

Comment

Decision 79

Is wossname McKenzie and his swingometer involved? That must have seemed so hi-tec at the time.

Comment

Decision 79

Yep, McKenzie's on , not actually seen the swingometer yet as the first few results are coming in. Angela Rippon is doing links as well.

Too early for John Cole to be involved, I think.

Comment

Decision 79

Bloody hell, that'd be like watching the 1990 World Cup final all over again.

Edit: Except the result of the football was welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X