Football night, BBC2, May bank holiday 1994

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a massively late reply/bump, but if any of the people in this thread who mentioned having it (or indeed anyone else) still has a copy of this on VHS, I'm absolutely desperate to track it down - I used to have it taped off the telly, but have long since lost the tape, and have been trying to find it again for years.

If anyone's got it, and would be willing to lend it to me so that I could transfer it to DVD (I've got a DVD/VHS combi unit), and perhaps even rip it and stick it online somewhere, I'd be pathetically grateful. I'd sling you the money for postage in advance, and then send it back safely to you at my expense. Alternatively, if anyone has it, and doesn't especially want it, I'd be more than willing to buy a copy outright.

Drop me an email, seb dot patrick at gmail dot com, if interested...

Comment

Worth bumping up, as I'm fairly new here, and have a copy that I think has it all on (it's two 3 hour tapes, but I don't have a VHS player anymore so can't check). Will PM you...

Comment

With the impending WC, I figured I'd give this a bump. Did anyone ever transfer their VHS to DVD?

Comment

This time the bump gets a response! I still have my VHS copy here (plus the facilities to watch it), but am in the process of purchasing equipment to transfer it onto DVD. (I appreciate that this all sounds a bit 'be ready Thursday', but I'm genuinely doing this...)

Comment

I did actually manage to get it converted - thanks to johnr above - and in fact I recently put several chunks up on Youtube, to embed in this: http://www.branchofscience.com/2014/03/goal-tv/

The whole thing can't be put on YT due to various copyright issues (usually music use), but in its raw form I have the thing split into two 800MB-ish AVI files (as it was across two tapes), which I might be able to find a way of hosting somewhere...

Comment

Remember the one off drama about couple, but it was set and filmed in Preston not Southport. The interior pub scenes were filmed in the Black Bull on Friargate. Can't think of it's name though.

Comment

I watched the Hornby segment on sebpatrick's youtube site. Great stuff.

Sebpatrick: did you convert from VHS straight to AVI or do you have a better quality digital file (high quality MPG?)?

Comment

danielmak wrote:

I watched the Hornby segment on sebpatrick's youtube site. Great stuff.
                  Loved that selection of footballers adverts down the years.

Comment

I remember this well. My dad and I watched it all night and my mum wasn't pleased.

And I'm sure I remember a similar evening of football to celebrate George Best's 50th Birthday?

Comment

Originally posted by The Exploding Vole View Post
                      No help here, I'm afraid, but if you don't blink during that documentary, you'll see my seven seconds of BBC televisual fame.
                      What are you doing in it? I can look out for you after Seb sent me the discs.

Comment

(Bloody hell, I still haven't sorted this. Useless lummock that I am.)

Comment

Originally posted by Giggler View Post
                          What are you doing in it? I can look out for you after Seb sent me the discs.
                          Giggler, EV won't be able to answer this one, very sadly. See here.

Comment

Oh bloody hell. I'm sorry, I didn't realise this at all. And yet I know exactly when David appeared in the documentary.

Comment

Working...
                            X