No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how he can smoke through his ears.

Comment

Excellent work from BDG on the tragic events of the weekend.

Comment

Richard III. Genius.

Comment

Just perfect. Thanks BDG. The last panel is especially wonderful.

Comment

Well played, BDG.

Comment

Yes that was very well done

Comment

Yes, that is excellent, strikes exactly the right tone.

Comment

Yep, count me in with the compliments. Very, very well done. The "mate" panel drew a big smile.

Comment

It's incredibly difficult to pay tribute in a cartoon strip. To draw and write a series of images which includes gentle, appropriate humour without diminishing the tribute at all - it's very impressive.

This might be BDG's best work yet.

Comment

What tee rex said.

Comment

It's very deftly done. But I don't get it. Tragic demise aside, it's ultimately about a massively shady businessman who owed his massive fortune to his close relationships with a kleptocratic authoritarian regime (Shinawatra gave him a monopoly on Duty Free sales in a developing country with a huge tourist business) and he maintained that position under a brutal military dictatorship. The guy was a billionaire in a developing country. There's not a lot to separate him from Roman Abramovich or Alisher Usmanov. He may have done a lot for Leicester and the area, but where did that money come from?

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                          It's very deftly done. But I don't get it. Tragic demise aside, it's ultimately about a massively shady businessman who owed his massive fortune to his close relationships with a kleptocratic authoritarian regime (Shinawatra gave him a monopoly on Duty Free sales in a developing country with a huge tourist business) and he maintained that position under a brutal military dictatorship. The guy was a billionaire in a developing country. There's not a lot to separate him from Roman Abramovich or Alisher Usmanov. He may have done a lot for Leicester and the area, but where did that money come from?
                          Yes, obviously the circumstances of his death are terrible but I must admit I’ve been uncomfortable with what seemed like the deification of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha over the last week or so.

While his stewardship of Leicester might contrast that of many club owners (though his financial doping of them was bad for football in general, if commonplace) there should be scepticism at least about the source of his money.
                          Last edited by Ray de Galles; 05-11-2018, 13:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                            Yes, obviously the circumstances of his death are terrible but I must admit I’ve been uncomfortable with what seemed like the deification of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha over the last week or so.

While his stewardship of Leicester might contrast with many club owners (though his financial doping of them was bad for football in general, if commonplace) there should be scepticism at least about the source of his money.
                            agree with both RdG and TAB but still wanted to repost the link to the FSF AWARDS for which David Squires has been nominated so it doesn't get lost over the page
                            Last edited by Nefertiti2; 06-11-2018, 16:20. Reason: stubbidity

Comment

<cough> Squiers <cough>

Comment

<cough> Squires <cough>

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                  We're all getting told how to grieve and reminded constantly how harrowing it all is.

Has anyone in any media asked where he was getting the helicopter to? Or why he couldn't take a limo to a nearby airfield?

Comment

Sir Chips is back.
                                    https://www.theguardian.com/football...irming-stories

Comment

Killer final panel. The chap with the scarf made me laugh too.

Comment

David's interview here was so funny I read it out to Mrs Thistle, who declared it was "awesome". And I'm not sure she even knows who Steve McMahon is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...all-cartoonist

Comment

Ms Felicity is equally enamoured of Squires' work, despite requiring several explanations a week.

Anyone tempted by the framed originals..? The Cyrille Regis one was lovely, but I prefer the early, funny ones.

Comment

Come on people

VOTE JANET!!!

squires_david/status/1060788673761837056

Comment

Try again!

https://twitter.com/squires_david/st...88673761837056

Comment

Some great options in the replies. Sean Bane would be a great mug.

Comment

Emo Mourinho rules everything around us

Sad

Comment

Working...
                                                  X