No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell Squires, I am crying with laughter at Conte on the bike, especially after being hit with the Dele Alli panel.

Absolutely marvellous stuff even though it did require more homework and background viewing than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
      This is the background to the Hodgson references ;

https://twitter.com/EljaeAtTheLane/status/962466076482310144

I'm not sure if the severed head wearing headphones in the final frame is meant to be a specific person?
      It's just meant to be whoever was interviewing cuddly Uncle Roy isn't it?

Comment

Ah, good point, that'll be it.

Comment

The nod to half & half in the chip shop Giggs is in is a wonderful detail.

Comment

Only spoilt by there not being an actual reference to "'alf'n'alf"

Comment

That wouldn't be subtle enough for Squires, I like the fact the audience need to do some work to join the dots .

Comment

Ha ha!

Comment

So, now I'm left, I think with 2 unknowns. The pitch invader thing (next to Ozil crying), and the Delle Ali thing

Comment

No, more than 2. the reference to "ends" by Tammy Abraham, and the identity of Ozil's "own coach" (not Wenger clearly, but are we supposed to know who that is?)

Comment

Pitch invader story

Ozil's coach is Zidane and I thought the Ali thing was just general diving.

"Ends" is the kind of thing that people in the Nike advert would say
                      Last edited by ursus arctos; 13-02-2018, 13:18.

Comment

Your "ends" is where you live. You need to see 'Attack The Block', ad hoc.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                          the identity of Ozil's "own coach" (not Wenger clearly, but are we supposed to know who that is?)

Steve Bould.

Comment

Ta ursus

Did Dele Ali dive this weekend? I know he seems to most weeks, but that feels a bit general for BDG.

(Why is Zidane Ozil's coach?)

Comment

Ray is right, it's Bould. Zidane is equally clueless tactically, but didn't overlap with Ozil in Madrid.

I have come to assume that Ali dives every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                Your "ends" is where you live. You need to see 'Attack The Block', ad hoc.
                                Christ I am beginning to feel like Bordeaux Education here. What is "Attack the Block"?

Comment

A teen gang in South London defend their block from an alien invasion.

Comment

That Nike advert is almost a masterpiece, but is fataly compromised by having no Asians in it.

Comment

Well that and jumping around wildly and at times incomprehensibly as if directed at (and by) a 5 year old on fifteen cans of Mountain Dew
                                      Last edited by ad hoc; 13-02-2018, 13:52.

Comment

It is the style at the time, ad hoc

Comment

Why is Nike specifically making an advert targeting people in London? Do they think it will appeal to the rest of GB too?

Comment

I've assumed it is only being shown in London.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                              That Nike advert is almost a masterpiece, but is fataly compromised by having no Asians in it.

Asian faces are sadly under-represented but I think there are at least a couple - one of the guys playing Jenga, the schoolgirl throwing people in the air at the end and I think possibly in the tennis scene.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-02-2018, 13:56.

Comment

The target market is yoof in general, not Londoners specifically, and it has been a huge hit on social media in the US and elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Casper View Post
                                                  Why is Nike specifically making an advert targeting people in London? Do they think it will appeal to the rest of GB too?
                                                  Because it's a world cultural/sporting centre as well as there being more than 7 million people living here.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 13-02-2018, 13:55.

Comment

Yeah but you have to be pretty familiar with London to get half the jokes/references no?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X