Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's used that last panel before hasn't he? Or is it just from 'Futurama/Simpsons'?

Only the Cuadrado panel really hits the heights there.

Comment

I loved the C64 reference, but then I would.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: He's used that last panel before hasn't he? Or is it just from 'Futurama/Simpsons'?

Only the Cuadrado panel really hits the heights there.

Comment

The beginning of history...

Comment

That Richard Keys panel ain't leaving my head anytime soon... for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

The under 20s world cup one is hilarious as well

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...champions-1995

Particularly enjoyed the Sgt Pepper's reference in today's effort.

Comment

Yep, nice indirect nod. Though the original story was in the Daily Mail rather than the local Blackburn rag...

Comment

I like the Liverpool fan's Cast t-shirt. Very 1995.

Comment

*clears throat*

WE ONLY CONCEDED TWO MORE GOALS THAN MANCHESTER UNITED THAT SEASON, PISS OFF WITH YOUR "GUNG HO APPROACH MEANT THEY LET IN A LOT OF GOALS" BOLLOCKS

other than that, good work as ever.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that repeating the canards about Asprilla destabilising Newcastle and their defence were a but disappointing.

He's tackled grandad collars though and, especially in light of yesterday's awful news about Man U's kit, that is important work for humanity.

Comment

Newcastle's problem was that They were essentially a good first XI with a load of finished article players, who played with more momentum than organisation. people eventually figured them out and they ran out of steam as they picked up injuries and tbh, David Batty had more of an impact on results than asprilla. Both of them were introduced into the team at around the same time.

After 25 games, their record was pretty spectacular by any standards in any season.
                          P 25 W 19 D3 L3 F 49 A 20 Pts 60 PPG 2.4 And they were 12 points ahead of man utd.
                          the last 13 games were less spectacular.
                          P 13 W 5 D3 L5 F17 A 17 Pts 18 PPG 1.4
                          The Middlesbrough Game referenced in the sketch is game 25, so you can see how people became convinced that everything fell apart once asprilla was introduced into the team, but correlation is not causation etc. Batty came back a couple of games into that run.

Man utd over the last 13 games were
                          P 13 W 11 D1 L1 F 26 a6 Pts 34 PPG 2.6, and they kept 10 clean sheets in the last 13 games.

But actually The big season turnaround for man utd happens at the half way point when they beat Newcastle 2-0 at old trafford.
                          the first half of the season was
                          P 19 W10 D5 L4 F 36 A 22 Pts 35 PPG 1.8 with 5 clean sheets
                          The Second half was
                          P 19 W 15 D2 L2 F 37 A 13 Pts 47 PPG 2.5 with 13 clean sheets.

So you can see how people got the impression that man utd were better at defending, because no-one remembers the first half of any season, even by the end of that season.
                          Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 04-07-2017, 13:45.

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                            no-one remembers the first half of any season, even by the end of that season.
                            well frankly I expect better from someone who draws funny pictures for the united kingdom's least worst newspaper!

Comment

Who's arsed about the truth? This is football, not Trivial Pursuit.

Comment

Asprilla "Where is this place..."

Hahaha

Comment

The alex ferguson as Bart Simpson is inspired.

Comment

Oh yeah, the valentine classic episode

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                      Newcastle's problem was that They were essentially a good first XI with a load of finished article players, who played with more momentum than organisation. people eventually figured them out and they ran out of steam as they picked up injuries and tbh, David Batty had more of an impact on results than asprilla. Both of them were introduced into the team at around the same time.

After 25 games, their record was pretty spectacular by any standards in any season.
                                      P 25 W 19 D3 L3 F 49 A 20 Pts 60 PPG 2.4 And they were 12 points ahead of man utd.
                                      the last 13 games were less spectacular.
                                      P 13 W 5 D3 L5 F17 A 17 Pts 18 PPG 1.4
                                      The Middlesbrough Game referenced in the sketch is game 25, so you can see how people became convinced that everything fell apart once asprilla was introduced into the team, but correlation is not causation etc. Batty came back a couple of games into that run.

Man utd over the last 13 games were
                                      P 13 W 11 D1 L1 F 26 a6 Pts 34 PPG 2.6, and they kept 10 clean sheets in the last 13 games.

But actually The big season turnaround for man utd happens at the half way point when they beat Newcastle 2-0 at old trafford.
                                      the first half of the season was
                                      P 19 W10 D5 L4 F 36 A 22 Pts 35 PPG 1.8 with 5 clean sheets
                                      The Second half was
                                      P 19 W 15 D2 L2 F 37 A 13 Pts 47 PPG 2.5 with 13 clean sheets.

So you can see how people got the impression that man utd were better at defending, because no-one remembers the first half of any season, even by the end of that season.
                                      That would make a terrible comic strip.

Comment

Man, that brought back some memories.

Comment

Chelsea and Abramovich.

Comment

Lovely denouement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                              Just saw this one and think it might be my BDG fave. Excellent stuff.

Comment

City get the treatment

Comment

*applauds the Ghibli joke*

https://www.theguardian.com/football...nd-bam-bam-bam

Comment

Ghiblie joke? Typically, the boy Gussett​ has sent scurrying to the internet to work out the references. Most of them I have got and enjoyed discovering but why was Sane tattooed by a Hassidic Jewish gentleman and what's with the techno music?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X