Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something must be wrong. I got most of that.

Comment

Squires typically brilliant on Manchester.

I don't know the (what I take to be The Smiths) song quoted very well but the Depay gag is still hysterical.

Comment

How Soon Is Now ?

Comment

If anyone's after a new Facebook avatar..?

Comment

Yep, it's brilliant, that. The look on Trautmann's face ... and 'Squad'.

Comment

Tramp The Dirt Down wrote: How Soon Is Now ?
              If you say so. All their stuff merges in to one for me but I'm aware enough of the general tone of their work that singing the Depay line in Morrissey's terrible Northern pub singer/pantomime dame voice is very funny.

Comment

Awesome. Especially love the Lowry reference (2nd panel) and King Denis' upraised finger in the last frame.

Comment

Grand. And yes the Lowry reference is nice.

Comment

He's got that last frame horribly wrong; it should be two fingers, not one.

First time complainer - long time enjoyer...

Comment

Very true.

Comment

I'm guessing that BDG had to bin his original offering (the final word/picture on John Terry?) and respond to a very tight deadline. Which makes this all the more impressive. Getting the tone right too - a tribute with jokes is incredibly hard to pull off.

*tips fan's jester hat*

Comment

Was alerted to this coming out today by a student reading it on the Guardian online while waiting to give blood. This is obviously your liberal elite snowflake demographic, BDG

Comment

I particularly like Trump as the autopilot from Airplane.

Comment

Gareth Keenan's hairstyle on May!

Comment

David Squires on … Arsenal winning a genuinely compelling FA Cup final

What's the reference in the final frame?

Comment

Brilliant and bonkers. "Lidl Nicky Wire"? The final frame?

Comment

The final frame is Terry's enemies (Wayne Bridge and Anton Ferdinand with Chips) as referred to earlier in the strip.

I presume Squires thinks Conte looks like Wire, not spotted it myself but will review.

Comment

All the Costa/Blue stuff threw me for a while, was there someone in that band with a similar name then?

Speaking of the Costa/Holding contretemps, it wasn't visible from our vantage point at the game and it wasn't on the highlights, what exactly happened?

Comment

I am perhaps easily amused, but the ref/linesman dialogue gave me a genuine lol moment.

Comment

It looks like the Conte/Wire comparison is probably via Spearmint Rhino (I assume Squires follows SR on twitter) and was originally made by his fellow former OTFer, Purves Grundy .

Comment

I can sort of see it when I squint and hold the picture sideways there but I fear the boy Gussett is going out on a limb there by throwing such a bone to the OTFerati.

Comment

The John Terry panel is absolutely glorious.

Comment

Ray de Galles wrote: All the Costa/Blue stuff threw me for a while, was there someone in that band with a similar name then?
                                                Yes, Antony. Per Mertesacker makes a great BFG.

Comment

Holding's "He weren't" tickled me far more than it had any right to.

Comment

Poor Gigi

Comment

Working...
                                                    X