Clear All

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Harry's dog [/crying emoji face]

Comment

I literally don't get any of that.

Comment

Nice Leo Baxendale tribute, though it confused me for a while as I had completely blanked the fact that Davids once played for Spurs from my memory.

It's a low-key but effective strip this week, my favourite bits being Pleat's line and just being reminded about Chris Armstrong.

Comment

The Sherwood salute for me.

Comment

I'm struggling with 1999/2000? Also pleased that Jacques Santini had his box labelled as I wouldn't recognise him if he was stood next to me.

Harry's dog is magnificent - it looks more like Harry than Harry does.

Comment

Reginald Christ wrote: Great as ever, but I'll need a couple of things explained to me. The second panel is Gerry Francis but why is he surrounded by pigeons? Rebrov in 2002-03 watching something called The Royal? I'm assuming David Pleat's "Good evening, everyone" is a reference to his work as a co-commentator for ITV, is it? Was Bale really about to be farmed out to Birmingham City?
              He was something of a pigeon-fancier when he was young, as lampooned by Fantasy Football League

Comment

Just twigged that the Davids/Baxendale frame is also the lasagna one...

Comment

Reginald Christ wrote: Was Bale really about to be farmed out to Birmingham City?
                  Wasn't there some period in the Rednapp era where Spurs always lost when Bale played? Presumably at that time there was talk about sending him off on loan somewhere (or even selling him)

Comment

Reginald Christ wrote:
                    Originally posted by Third rate les bleus
                    I'm struggling with 1999/2000? Also pleased that Jacques Santini had his box labelled as I wouldn't recognise him if he was stood next to me.

Harry's dog is magnificent - it looks more like Harry than Harry does.
                    That's supposed to be Gary Doherty in 1999-00, I think.
                    It is Doherty. I will admit to only realising that after I checked if Ian Dowie had had a spell for Spurs that I'd forgotten as I did Davids'.

Doherty was definitely primarily a centre-half occasionally used up front, though I recall ireland only used him as a striker.

Comment

ad hoc wrote:
                      Originally posted by Reginald Christ
                      Was Bale really about to be farmed out to Birmingham City?
                      Wasn't there some period in the Rednapp era where Spurs always lost when Bale played? Presumably at that time there was talk about sending him off on loan somewhere (or even selling him)
                      It was something like 18 months between Bale joining them from Southampton and Spurs winning a game with him in the side. He often played as a left-back during this period, when he was fit at least.

Comment

IIRC Redknapp put Bale on as a substitute a few minutes before the end of a game Spurs were winning comfortably just to break the "curse".

Comment

That's as much of Mido as will fit in one panel.

Comment

That was rib-crackingly funny. Thanks BDG.

Comment

JANET! KILCLINE! What I presume, in my ignorance, must be 'The Walking Dead'!

Comment

What's the significance of the plastic pigs?

Comment

Pigs fly at the Valley as Charlton and Coventry fans stage joint protest

Comment

Ta

Comment

Woohoo! The general election cloud suddenly has a silver lining https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2017/may/15/david-squires-on-theresa-may-meeting-voters-hip-hop-ids-and-aspirational-foxes?CMP=share_btn_tw

Comment

Using "Gove" as a synonym for "hell"... aah, le mot juste!

Comment

I thought it was meant to be a synonym for "shit".

Comment

Works for me!

Comment

I'm paying the price for not keeping up with all things Chelsea this season. Today's offering has too many references I don't get.

ITV detective series???
                                              Ridley Scott - what's he got to do with it?
                                              Who is the person with hair in pigtails, and why? Indeed, I have no idea about anything and anyone in that panel
                                              Perisic? What's he there for?
                                              Likeschurch?

I'm not even sure why Gideon is in there.

Comment

If it wasn't for the deadline I would have expected to see the appalling image of John Terry celebrating last night whilst wearing a crown. The fucking cock.

Comment

Kryvbas Gripper Rih wrote: I'm paying the price for not keeping up with all things Chelsea this season. Today's offering has too many references I don't get.

ITV detective series???
                                                  Ridley Scott - what's he got to do with it?
                                                  Who is the person with hair in pigtails, and why? Indeed, I have no idea about anything and anyone in that panel
                                                  Perisic? What's he there for?
                                                  Likeschurch?

I'm not even sure why Gideon is in there.
                                                  In order ;

- I was confused about that. Is it John Bishop? Does he have a detective series?!

- stopping someone making bad decisions, like Scott making the current/recent Alien prequels (though I thought Prometheus was alright)

- It's meant to be Conte's infant daughter, hired to keep him sweet - I think

- No, not a clue. Are they signing him?

- A reference to Broadchurch (an ITV detective series as per the first frame) and Luiz's tiresome religious beliefs

- He's meant to be a Chelsea "supporter", isn't he?

Comment

I've not seen the banner/sign that the opening frame must be based on though, I watched some old episodes of 'Frasier' instead of last night's game.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X