Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crikey, cheers Ian (you haven't seen what I've drawn yet though - you're cool with publishing cartoons depicting the prophet Mohammed right? ho ho). Doing something for twohundredpercent is another tick off the list for me too, and I'm as excited as I am whenever I'm asked to contribute stuff for WSC (a heady mixture of pride, enthusiasm and almost debilitating self-doubt).

As for the Big Daves Gussett graffiti, I've heard it's been plastered over as part of the redevelopment of that area. I can't confirm this though, as I live in Sydney now, so my commute doesn't take in Waterloo East.

Near South Bermondsey station there's some graffiti that reads: "Millwall 6 Arsenal 0". I don't know whether that's a result that ever took place, or just wishful thinking on the part of the locals.

Comment

When do we get the PdC beating up his players cartoon?

Comment

Never. There's absolutely no humour in that situation at all. Not that I can see anyway. Sigh.

Here's my first Mungo cartoon. I thought it best to try and tackle the fact that Mungo has a new artist head on.

Look, the first episodes of new series are always a bit slow - establishing new characters and so on. So, um, yeah.

Comment

I am delighted with this, and *cough* urge you all to read it it.

Comment

As I think I've said already - The Bash Street Kids have always been brilliant - whether it was being inked by Leo Baxendale or David Sutherland.

Us mere mortal readers are just glad the legend that is Mungo will live on...

Comment

Brilliant stuff BDG, love the final panel, made me chuckle.

Long live Mungo!

Comment

Loved it ... but I don't really get the final panel, to tell you the truth.

(Says otf's answer to Margot from The Good Life)

Comment

I feel it is aimed at longer term readers of this Mungo character than you or I.

Even with the introduction of characaters, I liked it because of Brian Sewell, "Indubtably" and the spot on point about Scooby Doo

Comment

Thanks guys.

Yeah, as BoE says, the final panel was really for the benefit of long-term readers who might be resistant to a new direction, so it leads on from the previous panel where everyone agrees that it's only fair to give 'New Mungo' a chance. In the final panel I'm trying to break the wall and address the audience directly; almost as if I'm trying to guilt the viewer into liking me. It's a tactic I employed unsuccessfuly with girls in my teenage years.

Comment

Without getting poncy, it is that "addressing the audience" thing that used to be used a lot on TV and has recently been resurrected on "Miranda". I am not sure I have ever seen it used before in cartoons. There was a cartoon in Kerrang that I think might have been the only one

Comment

Er, Garfield always used to do it.

Comment

Good call

Comment

He's too modest to mention it, of course, but since yesterday was the end of the month he's done another one, and it is quite, quite brilliant:

http://www.twohundredpercent.net/?p=15350

I am more than happy to bask in his reflected glory, of course.

Comment

Brilliant.

It's the detail I love: Bet Ur Loan, absinthe, the person knitting and the centre-back with his arms outstretched: "wtf".

Comment

Joy, another one to read.

Comment

It's the dog trying to climb onto (or eat?) the table in the final panel that does it for me.

And since I was bullying Dave into getting this one done on Twitter a few days ago I'm delighted to see it up, naturally. A very promising start from the new boy.

Comment

"Persistent Staines"? Brilliant, and I haven't even got past the first panel.

Comment

Superb stuff. BDG is very good at lines (I know that sounds weird, but all the 'detail' lines are excellent.)

Comment

Aw, shucks, thanks guys. I'm really enjoying drawing these, so am delighted you're finding them amusing.

Comment

Excellent again. I now see myself as the Arnaud Finger of Under 12s football. I shall be uttering "Charcoal" at a bemused child

Comment

Right, so in case y'all missed them, here are the latest two episodes of Mungo. There are a few nods to subjects that have recently been discussed on OTF (most notably,that Wolves fan with the koala hat - see if you can spot her).

Episode 3

Episode 4

Comment

Nice work, Sir Gusset. I love Ep 3. Most enjoyable yet for me.

Comment

Most wonderful.

Comment

Great stuff, as always.

Who's the bloke getting thrown to the sharks?

Comment

That's Villa Boas, I think.

(Ambramovich + henchmen is something that BDG has covered before, of course)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X