Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And frankly, from next week I'll be needing all the money I can get, as I'm going full time with the cartoon/illustration malarkey.
    Brap brap!

David, do you know if there would be copyright issues with getting the last panel tattooed on my torso?

Comment

Good luck, BDG!

Comment

Best of Luck BDG. Hopefully the world of football doesn't decide to fuck you over by completely cleaning up every aspect of its act in the next four or five days.

Comment

Fat chance of that.

Good luck, Big Dave's. Top talent.
          Blatter's bandaged wrist had me howling with laughter.

Comment

Good luck BDG - hope it works out for you.

Comment

Thanks all, I really do appreciate the kind words.

Mumpo, I think it usually goes in the paper on a Thursday or Friday. I've never seen it in print myself though. My pop said he'd send me a copy, but they don't sell the Grauniad in his local newsagents.

Nesta - ha! I don't think so. Just to be on the safe side though, how about I tattoo it directly onto you? I've never tried this before, but how hard can it be? I'll practice on a ham before.

Comment

More good-luckery here!

Comment

Calvert wrote: Fat chance of that.

Good luck, Big Dave's. Top talent.
                  Blatter's bandaged wrist had me howling with laughter.
                  That wasn't in the most recent one,was it?

Comment

It was in the pre-northern summer-break one, Harry (or as I prefer to think of it, the pre-Copa América one). You can see it in the recent cartoons thing at the bottom of that most recent one.

What others have said about the Mourinho and Wenger panel on the new one, it's glorious.

And congratulations (and good luck) on the decision to go full time, BDG. If you're ever short of material you can always ask me for a brief resume of what the Argentine FA have been up to in the last week, though that would admittedly result in something of a niche cartoon.

Comment

Big Daves Gussett wrote: Harry, are there any particular frames of cartoons you'd like to see in mug/T-shirt form?
                      The "This shit is unseemly" frame from P-Diddy buying Crystal Palace, please. Firstly, because it is now a phrase I try to fit in as much as possible and, secondly, to show that the whole thing wasn't a figment of my imagination.

Comment

Actually, just got to the new one and may have to put a vote in for the last panel as well. Forgive the link but a worthy successor to Baddiel and Newman's "History Today"

Comment

Ahhh, good luck, David!

Comment

Boss. All the best, BDG, and I still bloody want that caricature of me.

Comment

Good luck, BDG. Really enjoying the Guardian strips - it's consistently remarkably high-quality stuff and, as others have said, the Mourinho/Wenger panel is a masterpiece, capturing the characters' personalities succinctly and perfectly. Oh, and very funnily.

That said, for me, you'll never be able to top Neil Ruddock's shorts.

Comment

Great stuff, good luck with your full time career.

Comment

I'd also buy at least a dozen mugs with the last two panels from the P.Diddy-Palace strip wrapped around.
                                  http://thesunshineroom.com/2011/07/10/crystal-palace-for-sale/

Comment

Well, this week's is one of my favourites.

Particularly love the Jose segment and the look on the face of the Arsenal groundsman.

Comment

The "Jose" slice of the Wheel Of Blame is far too thick - it shouldn't be able to be seen with an electron microscope, let alone the naked eye.

And yes, the whole of that last panel should stand as Dave's magnum opus.

Comment

"Moss and turnips" made me laugh out loud

Comment

It's up there in the top three facial expressions:

Comment

Oh, hang on, what about...

Comment

The day has finally come.

BDG has outgrown otf, and left us all behind.

Thank you for all the memories, young man, and best wishes for the future!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/picture/2015/aug/19/david-squires-on-eva-carneiro-and-jose-mourinho?CMP=share_btn_tw

Comment

Another belter.

If we're doing Squires' best facial expressions, honourable mention to Ming the Merciless among the focus group of sugar-high primary school children, from the first 'Bullshit Rodeo':

[ur]http://thesunshineroom.com/2013/05/30/bullshit-rodeo/[/url]

Comment

Perpetually scandalised Daily Mail reader bloke is my favourite bit-part character in these cartoons.

Glorious stuff

Comment

The Jon Fearn panel . . . fucking hell.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X