Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Calvert wrote:

It's a bit like finding Crass t-shirts for sale in Smash Hits.
    True, Smash Hits should have never demeaned itself like that.

Comment

Oh bloody hell, they've turned on me. I knew this day would come.

Unfortunately, if I'm ever going to buy a Manhattan apartment for my cats (or at least scraping together enough to make a living out of this malarkey), I gotta make a buck. Just wait until you see the video I've made with Jamie Oliver and Ed Sheeran though.

Harry, are there any particular frames of cartoons you'd like to see in mug/T-shirt form?

Comment

I think the Van Persie header is screaming out for a ball on front, rest of the drawing on back T-shirt layout.

Comment

Oh yeah, that would be fantastic.

Comment

Sepp Blatter's "so much ogling scantily clad women that he seems to have traumatised himself" face would be my choice.

Comment

Big Daves Gussett wrote:

Harry, are there any particular frames of cartoons you'd like to see in mug/T-shirt form?
              Ooooh, almost too many spring to mind. I'm going to have to look through the back catalogue. Certainly almost every frame of 'Bullshit Rodeo'.

Comment

are there any particular frames of cartoons you'd like to see in mug/T-shirt form?
                Ooh...!

In no particular order:

Ashley/the fans' protest

Stevie G in the Fa Cup 4th rnd

Chelsea pensioner in Blur

Ashley/Carver Europa League avoidance

Controversial management appointment: Barbie

oh, and 'hope the fans sing about the IRA tonight'.

Given where I live, the mischief possibilities, I think Ashley/Carver would win.

Comment

i like the one of abramovich's face looking down at the guys falling out of the zeppelin. pretty much any of the abramovich faces in fact.

Comment

You ever going to publish a book, BDG? I would buy that.

Comment

I'd like one of the David Cameron likeness from when you did a guest season of 'Shit Shot Mungo', BDG.

edit- on a mug for preference

Comment

Season04episode05 for those not familiar.

Comment

Ah yes. The one where his face is just an arse. That should be crafted like a Toby jug.

Comment

I was going to suggest same. The two Bullshit Rodeo cartoons are definitely my favourites.

I can't decide which of 'Paedoland' or "...loaned out to one of its subsidiary businesses" remains the funniest.

The first pic of the club one, with Ken Bates on the right, is too good.

Comment

Perhaps you could get them to make the actual Bullshit Rodeo shirt?

Comment

What matt j says. That would be a thing of beauty

Comment

I love the 'Angry Birds Star Wars Lego Bum Poo Wee FC' frame of 'Bullshit Rodeo' most because it will always remind me of my then six year old son's state of mind (and most of his conversation) at that time.

Comment

Hooray!

Comment

oh my god... that last panel. I have actual tears.

Comment

The last panel really got me, too.

Hilarious.

Comment

Watford - six managers in 24 hours? Master of understatement is our Dave.

And the Putin line is the cherry on the homoerotic cake.

Comment

Brilliant as always, BDG. Was that the first Swindon Town reference in these strips? If so, you've shown remarkable self-restraint. I love the fact that you can buy David Squires mugs from the Guardian shop. Can I request that last Mourinho/Wenger panel to be put on a mug?

Comment

Thanks folks.

Jon, I think I put in a Swindon reference in a cartoon about the League Cup last season, but I'm going to limit myself to that (unless they do something outrageous like re-hiring Di Canio or Neil Ruddock).

I'm pleased that the final panel went down well, as I had originally planned a longer joke involving Mourinho and Wenger squabbling over a knock-knock joke. Perhaps I'll use that as a mug design.

And frankly, from next week I'll be needing all the money I can get, as I'm going full time with the cartoon/illustration malarkey. I've tried this in the past, with limited success, but am hoping that more people are familiar with my work now, so I may have more success.

Comment

That's absolutely fantastic news, BDG. I'd wish you luck, but you scarcely need it.

Comment

So BDG, are your pictures what you draw published in the paper itself, or just on the website?

They need a full page in print to be properly appreciated.

Comment

Great stuff BDG. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X