No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a bit like when people would call each other chum or chummy in your day, fox

Comment

You mean it's a make of dog-food?

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
        It's a bit like when people would call each other chum or chummy in your day, fox
        I would contend it may be closer to "brethren" from Mister Fox's day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
          I would contend it may be closer to "brethren" from Mister Fox's day.
          'Prithee, nuncle', maybe

Comment

Thanks for that clarification re: Asians, RdG –*I will take another look, but it seems like not much for 18 odd percent of the population

To start with I didn't like this advert, but I think you have to read it, like the Monty Python Yorkshire men sketch that it so resembles, that each person's boasts is absurdly inflated, also in the tradition of rap battles etc, so the whole advert is seen as it were through the eyes of the person spinning the tall tale.

Regarding Peckham, I think they deliberately chose somewhere there that is still quite gritty and working class, and with a strong sense of itself, but also somewhere that's certainly become very fashionable indeed in certain circles recently. So when they're poking fun at Peckham, they've chosen somewhere, like Brixton in the 80s, that can definitely and proudly stand up for itself.

Love BDG's cartoon!

Comment

Originally posted by nmrfox View Post
              Shows how far out of it I am when I have no idea what BE is referring to when he says "fam" in his post above.
              Fam is short for family apparently.

I'm amazed that BDG gets all this cultural stuff from the other side of the world.

Comment

It doesn't literally mean a family member though, more someone in your posse (arch.)
                Last edited by Ray de Galles; 15-02-2018, 15:54.

Comment

Peckham's getting quite gentrified now, especially the Rye bit. There's some streets there that wouldn't look out of place in the posher parts of East Dulwich.

It's holding on though. Most of the hipsters don't really dare cross the other side of Peckham Road.
                  Last edited by Flynnie; 15-02-2018, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by N est à? View Post
                    'Prithee, nuncle', maybe
                    I am not thy nuncle.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                      Fam is short for family apparently.

I'm amazed that BDG gets all this cultural stuff from the other side of the world.
                      It's handy, the internet.

I mean, I had to check the ad out on YouTube this time as well, and I often don't get these references, but if I was making a living writing and drawing cartoons that poked fun at that sort of stuff I'd be able to keep up with it all pretty easily. It's one of the joys of the modern world.

Comment

Gareth Barry as Travis Bickle today

Comment

Squires' John Carver had me in stitches in both frames.

Comment

It did. But I don't know what it is referring to.

Comment

Oh, he's doing the Pardew Dance isn't he?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

I'd somehow missed the transfer window thread one. Did that get published, depicting Piers Morgan up Trump's bum like that?

Big Bird replying to Conte was hilarious.

Comment

I hereby petition that all future references to Gareth Barry include his age.

Comment

And to refer to him as Gaz Baz.

Comment

It's been "Garrington Barrington" round these parts for as long as I can recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggchaser View Post
                                          I hereby petition that all future references to Gareth Barry (58) include his age.
                                          Fixed that for you

Comment

Crossover thread with the yellow ribbon one https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

(Today it's the last two panels that I am lost on). Love the Mr Bassett (Dave) classroom

Comment

I’m lost on the Riverdance reference. Will dig out explanations on the last two frames for you when I get a minute.
                                              Last edited by Ray de Galles; 27-02-2018, 11:28.

Comment

Crying fan (apologies for Sun link).

Comment

Angry suburban dad.

Comment

Cheers for the help. What does that angry dad have to do with Hector Bellerin?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X