• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original Koeman expression:

Comment

Sarri and On the Buses

Comment

"Guten abend, everybody" and rough, tough Gunnersaurus (obvs) are the highpoints of that one.

Comment

I'm sure I'm missing the references in the first two panels.

The first one is presumably one of these videos someone has taken of a crime without bothering to do anything to stop it?

The second, Luiz spouting jargon, a sitcom reference?

Comment

Oh, forgot to say, it's fantastic as always, the last panel and Peaky Blinders gunnersaurus are particular highlights.

Comment

Mystifying omission of any mention of the weekend's fa cup thrills n spills

Comment

Gunnersaurus is always a highlight. But the Sparky panel was a good one too.

Comment

The Harry Kurtz last panel is genius.

Comment

Scott McTominay kneeling in various frames made me giggle.

Comment

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1072080279957729280?s=21

Comment

Great, I had to go on the Express site to get the back up to that.

Comment

You've missed the dot above the "i" in Piers, Gusset

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                            Great, I had to go on the Express site to get the back up to that.
                            That's what private browsing is really for.

Comment

pelanising

Comment

I like Bosch/smeg

Comment

I liked Jose's Funeral for a Fred t-shirt.

What's the rabbit hutch in the Ralph Ralph Ralph panel? Is that the translation of Hasenhuttl?

Comment

He is indeed Ralph Rabbithutch.
                                    Honigstein was on 5 Live while I was in the bath the other night, and told a story about it being a question on the German Who Wants to be a Millionaire when he was at Leipzig - the contestant was presented with his name and three fake animal house names (Lars Duckshed, Sepp Doghut, Josef Cowbarn or similar) and failed to identify which was a genuine Bundesliga manager.

Hopefully BDG is getting a late night call from the Guardian right now for a Mourinho special commemorative cartoon.

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post

Hopefully BDG is getting a late night call from the Guardian right now for a Mourinho special commemorative cartoon.
                                      Well, next week's is due on Xmas Day so he make it a special present to the world.

Comment

Someone from this parish has popped up BTL.

You lot will be on Twitter next, you hussies.

Comment

The David Morrissey/Southampton player panel "with "have you just tried acting" is of course a (shoehorned) reference to the Olivier/Hoffman anecdote from the set of Marathon Man.

Hoffman had apparently not slept for three days so his character had the right look and his performance the right edge.
                                          Olivier said "My dear boy, have you just tried acting?".

Hoffman has since clarified the anecdote, implying Olivier was saying it ironically, he himself being almost as bad for living the role. Hoffman also admits that those 3 sleepless nights were spent immersed in the disco scene and enjoying himself at Studio 54, rather than inhabiting or thinking about his character.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                            Someone from this parish has popped up BTL.

You lot will be on Twitter next, you hussies.
                                            Are you talking about me or Stumpy? I think there's a couple more as well.

Comment

I saw Stumpy earlier.

Comment

We're all on Snapchat, apart from you Snake.

Comment

I’ve only just properly got the ‘Funeral For A Fred’ gag as I had completely forgotten Man U had a £50m player of that name until reading it in a news report about Mourinho’s sacking.
                                                  Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-12-2018, 07:52.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago a Man U fan on my timeline asked which Fred his fellow Man U fans would prefer in midfield to Fred. Suggestions included Flintstone, Flintoff, Drop Dead, Right Said, and even West.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X