No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a back story I'm not getting about the Ozil frame?

Comment

They made him model their "official" Xmas jumper in 2015

Comment

erm isn't he nominally at least some form of muslim?

Comment

More than nominally.

The former Schalke and Werder Bremen man is regarded by most as a consummate professional and attributes that characteristic to his strong Muslim beliefs.

"Some people are getting crazy, going to nightclubs, having fun, you have this opportunity if you have money," says Özil, who made a pilgrimage to Mecca earlier this year.

Comment

Is there a specific meme I have missed that the last panel is referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              Great work as ever from BDG and, of course, the comments are the very motherlode of reactionary bullshit. Same as it ever was.
              The comments are great. Ok so obviously they're not but I did enjoy the randomness of someone underscoring their point by suggesting that Princess Diana probably wouldn't have known where Spotland is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
                Is there a specific meme I have missed that the last panel is referring to?
                It seemingly refers to "patriotic"/mawkish Facebook poppy/remembrance memes created by the likes of Britain First, which are then "innocently" shared by your Aunt Gladys, half remembered schoolfriends and former co-workers. My FB friends' Adidas obsession (which I do share to a degree) means I see quite a lot of them, as a lot of the "casual" pages use the fashion nostalgia as a front for far right former hooligans. The trainers are nice though.

Comment

Contains probably the best drawing of a Swiss international since the one below.

Comment

Giggling like an idiot at the Conte frame. Excellent reference work by the boy BDG.

Comment

My questions this week :

- What is the "Normal" line about? Actually, who is the Swiss player?

- Hughes as The Riddler? Is that just based on him being a lookalike?

- I presume Conte's line is a quote from somewhere but can't place it?

Comment

Now you mention it, not sure whether it's Xhaka or Shaqiri.

Comment

I think that it is Shaqiri, given the resemblance to the figure you posted above.

Comment

I assumed it was Shaqiri too.

Comment

Wibble.

Comment

Oh, that is ace. Unfortunately, the dimensions of the sausage roll manager mean that I can't make it into a Facebook profile picture without it just being a sausage roll. That would be ridiculous. Maybe a tattoo.

Comment

I like how he has SR on his coat

Comment

So, what 90s sitcom is the Wagner series of frames referencing? Love the Pep/Redmond panel.

Comment

It's not a sitcom, it's from Jurassic Park, specifically the bit where Bob Peck's character is lured in by the three velociraptors.

Comment

Love Everton's new motto.

Comment

Ian Malcolm as a West Brom fan - with his bluntness, that's not a bad fit.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

As ever I suspect one or two things have gone over my head but Mourinho having pictures of himself looking grumpy on his own desk is irresistible.

Comment

Who's saying "Oh God, Duncan"? And, who's Duncan?

Comment

it's mendesbot duncan Castles. Mourinho's media Renfield.

Comment

Wayne in an Angry Birds top.

Mrs Thistle clocked the sleeve sponsorship watching MOTD at the weekend and was laughing about it.

Comment

This weeks ‘I don’t get...’ is the bit about horses, a man on fire and Lukaku killing a man with a trident.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X