No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume the first panel is BDG's suggestion of a possible reason for Palace's notable lack of attention to playing football during De Boer's brief tenure, whereas the Ox reference is to his attempt to improve his situation by leaving Arsenal for Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bordeaux Education View Post
      Ok, here goes. I have had quite a good run with these but:

Why is it a Crystal Palace player in the first frame?
      Pass - other than they are not doing very well.

What is the turd that Oxlade-Chamberlain tried to polish?
      A reference to a Tinder date gone wrong which was a popular clickbait story (something like woman gets stuck between two windows trying to retrieve her own faeces after throwing it away when she discovered that her date's toilet didn't flush.)

edit - and as ursus notes, using this situation as a metaphor for leaving Arsenal for Liverpool, making a bad situation worse.

Where is the quote that Coutinho is saying from?
      I reckon it's the old guy in Life of Brian who hides the Judean rebels from the Romans.

Comment

Didn't Oxlade-Chamberlain also say something after joining Liverpool about how 'we' (as he put it) were on a high after thrashing Arsenal in 'our' last match? Assuming that was an actual quote rather than a joke I misunderstood on Twitter, I took the turd-polishing bit to be a reference to that.

Comment

Just caught up on last week's as well. Steve Bould's skull on the shopping trolley has the same expression as Steve Bould.

I see BDG got round the inability to draw Frank dB by drawing him further away.

Comment

I can understand how he couldn't draw de Boer. He has a very featureless face that is subsequently really distinctive.

Comment

Wondering what twisted way BDG will work in Anglesey sex robots to the next strip

Comment

That is the first time I expect Paul S has been described as a sex robot.

Comment

No, he's going to visit the sex robots

Comment

Best Simpsons reference yet?

Comment

a. What Simpsons reference?
                      b. What's the licence plate thing?

Comment

Comment

Ah. Little bit niche that one.

So was Jordan Henderson spotted with a mis-spelled plate?

Comment

His name has the more usual spelling of "Jordan", doesn't it? Whereas Ibe and Mutch are both "Jordon".

Comment

Ah. I thought it was an event-related joke.

Comment

The look in Koeman's eyes in the last panel is a case study in a descent into madness i.e. trying to counter attack with the slowest team in the Premier League.

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpo View Post
                                  Ah. I thought it was an event-related joke.

Me too, my customary post-Squires twitter searches this morning were 'Wenger coat' and the fruitless 'Jordan Henderson plate'

Comment

Ibe actually has 'Jordon' on the back of his shirt (something that I think should be outlawed ie the use of first names on shirts). I don't know if that's where the idea came from, although Squires has shown him with Ibe on his shirt.

Comment

The boy Squires is on fire today.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw

Comment

Haydon! That is ace.

What article about the “prawn sandwich brigade” is he referring to?

Comment

Brendan O'Neill I think. I'm not looking it up, and I'm not linking to it. I'm just going to idly hope that a piano falls on him.

God that's a brilliant cartoon. BTW I note that comments underneath aren't on.

Comment

Yes, on reflection I thought it probably best avoided too actually.

Haydon's stance and dialogue seems to be a reference that's fogged in my brain somewhere and can't place, actually.

Comment

I love Father Jack Womble.

Comment

The penis with the knotted scarf and hat had me giggling away.

Comment

The joke about tying the scarf is perfectly weighted.

Comment

BDG dropping truth bombs.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X