No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched it a few times and never found it that funny and was always mystified that it was so lauded while the far superior ‘PhoneShop’ was ignored by comparsion.

Comment

Squires finally gives us a Fall Out Boy lyric.

I had to google the Mourinho falling at Wembley and Terry in Moscow references, in my defence I've been travelling a lot this week.

Still need help on the 'Here to...' tabards and I'm sure there is a reference I can't put my finger on in the panel where Keane chases the ducks in silhouette.

Comment

There “Here to” tabards send up adidas’ ubiquitous “Here to Create” adverts.

I wondered if the Keane panel is supposed to evoke The Seventh Seal, or if that is just the weird way my mind works.

Comment

The "here to..." tabards are sending up the actual "Here to help" tabards worn by the blokes at Wembley who help Mourinho up, surely?

Comment

I had no idea.

How dystopian.

Comment

Yeah, very ‘They Live’.

Comment

Di ... did ... did Bored of Education just explain a BDG reference to ursus?

We're through the looking glass, people!

Comment

The farmyard scenes and the tour of London are absolutely brilliant

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                    I watched it a few times and never found it that funny and was always mystified that it was so lauded while the far superior ‘PhoneShop’ was ignored by comparsion.
                    Word

Comment

I suspect the fact that there’s more love for Inbetweeners (inc from me, tho not the films) relates to the fact almost everyone went to school, whereas far less of us have worked in a shop

Comment

I think you're focusing far too much on the importance of the sit and not the com.

'Dad's Army' is extremely popular despite not many people having been in the Home Guard and you don't have to have done time to love 'Porridge'.

Comment

The only person I knew who'd ever been in the Home Guard (my father's father) loathed Dad's Army...

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                            The only person I knew who'd ever been in the Home Guard (my father's father) loathed Dad's Army...
                            My mother's father was in the Home Guard. He had opinions about Dad's Army (and everything else), none of which were positive.

Comment

The basic sit (new boy at school meets ridiculous braggart) was very funny.
                              ‘Do you put the balls in?’ ‘Well, some people like to’

Comment

I loved The Inbetweeners series because it was aimed at someone exactly like me 10 years ago. I'd left school 6 years before and everything that happens in it was basically a caricature of my 6th Form experience.

The films were a bit much (although I was one of the first in the queue for tickets), but the first two series of The Inbetweeners are golden for me.

Comment

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ady-for-action

Took me a while to get the Vertonghen silhouette, but the later panel triggered it.

Comment

For goodness sake, I am going to have to start watching MOTD* and the "Champions" League just to get the references in BDG's work.

*Only after this season, naturally

Comment

Colin...

Comment

All the Tan United panels are wonderful but the Warnock/Brexit mash-up is sublime.

Who would have thought we’d next see Janet in a Premier League back four, eh?

Comment

Also, spotter’s badge to our man Hurley :

https://twitter.com/denis_hurley/status/1044527521008635904?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
                                            Who would have thought we’d next see Janet in a Premier League back four, eh?
                                            Or, indeed, at a Brexit rally. I had her down as more sensible than that.

Comment

The one with the mutton chops would probably think we still own Malaysia.

Comment

The Crazy Express front page is hilarious. Is the Guardian happy to diss a rival like that?

Comment

https://twitter.com/richardbrophy/status/952662065981816832?s=21

https://twitter.com/richardbrophy/st...981816832?s=21

Comment

'Elaborate performance art project' is my favourite bit of this week's fun.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X