No announcement yet.

Some pictures what I drew (redux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to set up a Guardian account simply so I can post "THIS IS NOT FUNNY AND IS LITERALLY PISSING INTO CILLA'S EYES".

I'm not. Excellent as ever.

Comment

Lovely stuff, as always.

Comment

The monument to Ramos is the greatest summary of his work ever committed to print

Comment

Agreed

The bidding to host it would dwarf the competition for Amazon’s second headquarters.

Comment

Our man has given the Brexit wankers a kick in the balls by cartooning across the continent (or across the channel at least)

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1002435613562245120?s=19

Comment

The Maradona frame belongs in the National Gallery of Argentina

Comment

Great stuff. L’Equipe isn’t free online, is it?

Comment

A good portion of it is, but these don’t seem to be up yet

Comment

Pretty sure that a while back he tweeted that he does a monthly cartoon for L'Equipe to appear in the Saturday magazine. That's virtually entirely paywalled, don't know how they expect to survive if they don't give all their content away for free.

Comment

When I lived in Toulouse in 98 I bought it every day and kept them all as souvenirs ( well, the Tour and World Cup days)

Comment

They are currently running a long series of reminisces of the the 98 World Cup, including interviews of every member of the squad.

Comment

The Story of 'World in Motion' https://www.theguardian.com/football...orld-in-motion - Brilliant last panel.

Comment

That is wonderful and you're right about the final panel though the penultimate one will be my earworm for weeks now.

Comment

Keith Allen always conveniently seems to forget he's actually Welsh.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                I'm happy to forget he is. Trying to be a mockney geezer and succeeding.

Comment

Keith Allen. Comedian apparently. I've seen funnier gangrenous wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                    I'm happy to forget he is.
                                    I agree... probably the only time I'd say that of a Welshman pretending he's English.

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                    Keith Allen. Comedian apparently. I've seen funnier gangrenous wounds.
                                    Again, I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
                                      WTF????? I can't believe you've let this slip. How did the Welsh manage to keep that one a secret for so long?

Comment

Because we don't want him, that's how. We'll forgive a lot of things but wearing an England shirt and singing songs about how great England are... not them.

NOTE 1: Fantasy Football had a field day with this when Three Lions '98 was up against Vindaloo in the charts - when Jeff Astle did his closing song, they got him to sing Vindaloo pretending to be Allen... in traditional Welsh costume.

NOTE 2: You can check the facts for yourself - born in Llanelli. You could argue that makes him more Welsh than some of our squad... I wouldn't dare say that myself though.
                                        Last edited by 3 Colours Red; 02-06-2018, 07:19.

Comment

Originally posted by RobW View Post
                                          The Story of 'World in Motion' https://www.theguardian.com/football...orld-in-motion - Brilliant last panel.
                                          Indeed it is but my favourite part is Bert Millichip in a Reni hat. I loved that so much I hope Rave Bert becomes a regular character.

Comment

His latest auf Deutsch

Our lad’s all grown up (wipes away tear).

Comment

His German's better than his English.

I didn't know the word "Handy" before, I'm definitely going to impress some German tourists.

Comment

<stups>

Comment

New season's preview https://www.theguardian.com/football...018-19-preview

Comment

Was just coming here to,post that, a classic.

I managed to completely miss Man U’s signing of Lee Grant. I would have guessed that he was 40+ and retired years ago - not 35 with PL appearances in the last two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X