Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
      Rival pub to the Queen Vic in Eastenders. Burned down by Willmot-Brown.

(Why do I know this? I've never knowingly watched Eastenders.)
      I am well aware of the The Dagmar, just can't see the reference to it in last week's strip.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
        I am well aware of the The Dagmar, just can't see any reference to it in last week's strip.
        It's on the advertising hoardings on the 4th panel

Comment

Sideline hoarding in the fourth panel

Comment

Ah, spotters badge to all concerned. I'd seen the other ones in that panel but not noticed that.

I was worried Bored had mistaken the reference to this photo ;

as being something to do with Dirty Den burning down The Dagmar for a minute ;

Yes, that does show a worrying level of 'Eastenders' knowledge.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 20-03-2018, 13:55.

Comment

The Statler and Waldorf panel is the funniest one

Comment

Rewarding for me, as I had missed Sullivan hiding his shotgun in a copy of Bongo Weekly when bumping off the mascot

Comment

That was actually my favourite bit of last week's strip. Just realised why discussion of it has been so confusing as much of it happened on the West Ham thread.

Comment

Wilmott-Brown was back on Eastenders last time I briefly flicked past it. 25 years later. There can't be many longer soap absences.
                    And yes, it was Den Watts who firebombed the Dagmar.

This week: Which Youtube star is Jose Mourinho supposed to be?

Comment

The one with three names who is Alex Jones of Infowars' little apprentice in the UK. Paul Something Something?

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                        Wilmott-Brown was back on Eastenders last time I briefly flicked past it. 25 years later. There can't be many longer soap absences.
                        Jed Stone and Dennis Tanner both returned to Coronation Street over 40 years after they had previously left it.

Comment

José Mário dos Santos Mourinho Félix

Paul Joseph Watson
                          Last edited by ursus arctos; 20-03-2018, 20:18.

Comment

Ah, spotters badge to all concerned. I'd seen the other ones in that panel but not noticed that.

I was worried Bored had mistaken the reference to this photo ;

as being something to do with Dirty Den burning down The Dagmar for a minute ;
                            I hadn't seen that photo before. I have to admit that, when I wrote it, I thought that the Dagmar was the name of the titular club in Leslie Grantham's il-fated post-Eastenders series but that was, of course, The Paradise Club.

What is the panel about Jose Mourinho in his basement about? I get everything else.

Comment

That's explained above, Paul Something Something off twitter.

Comment

"Mr Junior: You're an incurable bell."

Perfect.

Comment

Our season's on the line v Swindon next week so to hell with the compliments, this one was full of schoolboy spelling mistakes and that's not good enough at this level.

Comment

This week's cartoon is excellent.

Comment

Innit.

This week's questions for the panel are;

- The Southgate index (it isn't a reference to that shonky thing Capello did with a bookmaker, is it?)

- Muffins?

Comment

I thought it was the Capello Index for sure.

Comment

Muffins?
                                          Perhaps:

"Gareth Southgate, clearly thinks what you eat is as important as what you do with your feet. So much so that muffins, sandwiches and syrup have reportedly been taken off the menu from the Starbucks at their training ground in Staffordshire."

From the BBC.

Comment

Ah thanks. Am I alone at being surprised a training ground even has a Starbucks?

Comment

Yes. I'm appalled...

Comment

Isn't the whole point of starbucks that it's basically a black forest gateau in a cup?

Comment

The Beeb is apparently not entirely truthful in its reporting. The England team stay in the Hilton Hotel close to the St George's Park training ground. The Hilton has an in-hotel branch of Starbucks.

Anyone else appalled that the England team should be cosseted in a Hilton hotel (with or without cupcakes)?

Comment

Couldn't England players just not buy the muffins, sandwiches and syrup?

I've just shown my 14 year old the drawing of the England fan with his arms outstretched. He loves it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X