The 'starting on day three' England v India thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As do I, but who better to take an improper one than Broady?

The commentators kept going on about that being the first hat trick ever at Trent Bridge. Surely that must be tests only, no?

Comment

Cook has been possessed by devils.

Comment

Last time I checked India were 230-something for 4.. and then someone tells me Broad's got a hat-trick.. blimey.. I thought India were going to put up a bigger score than 288

Shit, Cooks gone cheap again. Bell's in

Decent series. day to day brilliance.

Comment

I went to the pub to "watch the cricket", ie read the paper. I ended up failing to "read the paper", and watching the cricket. Fucking excellent forty minutes. Oh, and to see India finally hoist by their DRS petard was wonderful...

Comment

broad took 5/0 in 16 balls there.

trott may be out of the game which would mean india are still firmly in the driving seat. but if we can scrap our way past 200 we'll have a chance

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:
              The commentators kept going on about that being the first hat trick ever at Trent Bridge. Surely that must be tests only, no?
              Yes, Tests only. Assuming Cricket Archive is correct, the last first class hat trick at Trent Bridge was by Chris Tremlett for Hampshire in 2005.

Comment

I love this game.

Comment

Excellent entertainment. Annoyed now that I was out of radio contact for most of the third session.

Hail Draco, almost all forgiven.

Comment

Bell giving real vindication to those - including himself - who believe he needs to be batting higher up the order. This is a terrific knock so far.

Great test match, this.

Comment

I'd listen to Michael Holding read his grocery list.

Comment

What a match this is turning out to be. What a player Bell can be.

India still marginally on top. With that batting order they won't fear even 250 batting last.

Comment

ursus wrote:

I'd listen to Michael Holding reading his grocery list.

Oh, me too.

In fact I can picture it. "Bread. Tomatoes. Green ... peppers."

Comment

Yes, England are going to have to set a target substantially beyond that to give the bowlers something to go at.

I don't think time will be an issue.

Comment

Guardian OBO all-a-splutter about Ravi Shastri and Nasser Hussain verbally stramashing yesterday. There is so going to be a major kick-off before this series is done.

Comment

Whereas on TMS CMJ told Sunil Gavaskar that he'd be taller than a jockey's daughter. I know which I prefer...

Comment

England are rocketing along at the moment. RR for the last ten overs is 5.80. India's bowling attack is just not deep enough, is it?

Comment

England 133 ahead with 30 overs till the new ball and India looking flat in the field. Good opportunity for England, this.

But they musn't get ahead of themselves. This pitch is flattening out so time is important, they must occupy the crease while the conditions are so good. They've got to set themselves the target of batting out the rest of the day.

We've still got to bowl out Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman and the rest of them. Again.

Comment

Shastri and Hussain were going at it this morning on Star Sports. Shastri can't help being a shill.

Comment

Pietersen throws it away. Another sea change? Morgan is not on form...

Comment

Harbhajan has looked like a part-time mediocrity in this series hasn't he?

Comment

New ball due in 17 overs, Raina on to fill an end. England need to take these for as many as possible.

Despite it clearly being England's day so far, they still have an lot to do to be favourites. Par for the Indian chase would be, what, 280? That is still 100 runs away, and without Trott England could easily fall short of that.

Comment

The cricket enquivalent of playing to the whistle...

Comment

This kick-off we were talking about that was gonna happen. It's happening...

Comment

"And since that last report both parties have had a meeting, and have sorted everything out"

Comment

Wow, well, this match has everything now.

Dhoni will be never need to buy himself a drink in England again.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X