Murdoch scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murdoch scum

As much as I delight in the discomfort of Murdoch and his henchmen, it is absolutely essential that the police continue to be put under severe pressure here.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Indeed. And it's not good enough just to speculate on one individual (Brooks) and her position.

There's a whole group of people here who deserve to be in jail for a considerable period of time.

Comment

Murdoch scum

There are also likely to be a number of people in jail whose convictions should be overturned.

Comment

Murdoch scum

diggedy derek wrote:
          Robert Peston on BBC news reporting that NI have passed a bunch of emails to police which detail payments made to police (which is, just to underline, an illegal act in and of itself), and which reference (or perhaps were sent by) involving Andy Coulson.
          Oh, but he's "News International's press officer"

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100095296/robert-peston-news-internationals-press-officer/

Comment

Murdoch scum

I think this is too big for the "draw a line under this" stuff. Maybe I'm naive.

How do I keep up pressure on the police then?

Comment

Murdoch scum

Now, on Newsnight, unsurprisingly, allegations about Madeline McCann case.

Check out this Simon Greenberg cunt. He's done the same crap on Channel 4 News earlier.

And some allegations re 7/7 survivors. Top story in The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/8619373/News-of-the-World-bereaved-relatives-of-77-victims-had-phones-hacked.html

Comment

Murdoch scum

Well, it's not much of a moral leap from being Chelsea's spinmeister to fronting up for Murdoch.

Comment

Murdoch scum

John Whittingdale (Chair of Culture Select Committee) now accused by an ex Plaid Cymru MP of telling members of the committee to be wary of consequences if they were too hard on Rebekah Brooks.

You can bet they got a safe man in that position, just like they doubtless didn't want a Lib Dem minister in the department.

Comment

Murdoch scum

It's a bit confusing this flurry of stories. The Indy editor is clarifying some stuff on Newsnight now. Time to take stock.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Tommy Sheridan then?

Comment

Murdoch scum

The Guardian is saying that there is nothing new in the Indy story.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Whittingdale has actually been surprisingly vocal in his comments on phone-hacking (though obviously disingenuous in trying to pretend today they have nothing to do with News Corp more generally).

Comment

Murdoch scum

As an aside, and I know we big him up a lot here, but Danny Baker's Tweets on this have been fantastically angry, witty and on-the-money.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Fuck me, Philip Hammond think this scandal is separate from buying BSkyB.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Second E10 on Baker's tweets.

Newsnight sounds like it was a travesty.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Are we surprised that Coulson seems to have been thrown to the wolves, now that Brooks is directly in the firing line?

Comment

Murdoch scum

ursus arctos wrote:

It wasted loads of time on "why do politicians suck up to Murdoch?"

It's picked up now Paul Mason is talking about Stoke. Fucked over by the coalition cancelling Pathfinder.

Comment

Murdoch scum

PCC chair dying on her arse:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-14033043

What have you revealed?
                                      I've revealed that I was misled

And a pathetic attempt to pretend she doesn't know what was meant by "statutory regulation".

Comment

Murdoch scum

ursus arctos wrote:
                                        Second E10 on Baker's tweets.

Persisting with the looming 10ft image of Millie Dowler when three hacks are discussing who licks the most lint out of Murdoch's toes wasn't great. Like Tubby said, Mason brought it back. As per.

Hi, by the way. I'm new here. The world's quite shit, isn't it?

Comment

Murdoch scum

One Touch Books is far worse.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Welcome, Mark. Any relation to Julian?

Comment

Murdoch scum

Welcome, Mark.

I'm feeling something positive about bullies getting some of their own medicine- for a while, at least. But mostly, it's shit.

Comment

Murdoch scum

I wrote this article in Labour Briefing a couple of months ago, and I have to say I'm now embarrassed by its moderate timidity in the light of this week's developments.

Comment

Murdoch scum

hobbes wrote:
                                                  Welcome, Mark. Any relation to Julian?
                                                  'Wet' Tory is Tory - so no, thankfully. Son of a museum joiner and dinnerlady, but thanks to my great-grandma re-marrying someone somewhere, AJP Taylor is a distant step-uncle. Fun facts.

Cheers for the welcomes. You should all rush back on topic now so I've time to think up something both relevant and acerbic.

Comment

Murdoch scum

There was a good moment amid the bizarre tangent about politicians sucking up to Murdoch.

Alistair Campbell: Politicians worry too much about the press
                                                    Paxo: You've had a wasted life then.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X