Murdoch scum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murdoch scum

Hmmm, Radio 4 suggesting that Boris Johnson was ushering Stephenson towards the door. That's underhand if so, because last year Boris was saying phone hacking was a load of codswallop.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Possible that he just didn't fancy what he would inevitably spend a lot of time and effort on now- looking at his own's corruption and incompetence. He probably didn't join the police to do that.

And also possible there is something personally very bad for him yet to come out.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Apparently Cameron is of to Africa for a few days.

Tories can get twitchy when the leader leaves the land in times of crisis...

Comment

Murdoch scum

What an absolute load of old bullshit that piece is. Does the writer have form?

I used to have a pic of him as my facebook profile. he's amazing. There isn't a powerful person's cock that he won't gulp down on. even if they are already dead.

this is what his tv show was like

this is the greatest article ever written. look at the date

here's an interview with the same jouno who did the gazza review a little bit later'

my favourite moment though was when he was compering an event I was at that was organized by a couple of my friends, and he was dying on his feet, and running out of things to say he referred to my two friends as tarts. It went down really really well as you can imagine

Comment

Murdoch scum

I've only been dipping in and out of this thread, so apologies if this has been said before, but...

1) I know a few people were saying - at the outset at least - that the big names were going to get away with it. Doesn't look that way now, I'd have to say. It's immensely reassuring, actually, how many people are being arrested and having to resign.

2) I can't think of an equivalent anywhere, anytime - where one paper's years of digging and work took down this many people so who richly deserved to be taken down. What an absolutely superb job by the Guardian - a genuinely great paper.

Comment

Murdoch scum

The Wall Street Journal editorial.

Same victim angle as the Irish hack, less transparently mindless, just as vapid in the end.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Why at Last! wrote:
                And when David Cameron takes the view that being linked to people involved in phone-hacking is fine.
                Especially when the person involved in phone-hacking that Cameron was linked to was the boss of the the person involved in phone-hacking that Stephenson was linked to.

Comment

Murdoch scum

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
                  There isn't a powerful person's cock that he won't gulp down on...
                  Murdoch's cum, you might say.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Slightly queasy applause for that.

Comment

Murdoch scum

He just assumed Coulson and Brooks were good eggs, winners. 'one of us'. A very Tory thing, that.
                      In his disturbingly unwavering regard for Coulson, Cameron increasingly resembles the doting mother of a felon whose list of rapes, assaults and burglaries lengthens by the minute: "Oh, but he's such a good boy."

Comment

Murdoch scum

Good column on the US angle.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Yates be suspended pending an investigation into phone hacking, according to the Telegraph.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Fuck me, Daily Express man at Milliband conference asks a question about immigration.

Comment

Murdoch scum

At least it wasn't about Diana.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Nef, pricesly what I was thinking.

To quote from the Indy article Sean linked to about Whittingdale;

Committee sources are furious at the suggestion that Ms Brooks will try to close down questioning of her knowledge of hacking while she was News of the World editor by saying she cannot prejudice an ongoing police investigation.
                                As someone pointed out yesterday, if she answers questions in an open and honest way, how on earth can that prejudice a police investigation?

Comment

Murdoch scum

Indeed - it's nothing but standard procedure.

Comment

Murdoch scum

I'm fine with her not answering questions.

The sight of her relying on a "lefty liberal" convention that allows criminals to get off will be priceless.

Comment

Murdoch scum

I am not sure that we can rely on subtle ironies in this case. Best be sure

Comment

Murdoch scum

She'll get called back later. Don't worry.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Unless she's on holiday, she usually is when the shit goes down.

Comment

Murdoch scum

No, it's Cameron's week to do that.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Yates has gone.

Comment

Murdoch scum

Etienne wrote:
                                                Yates has gone.
                                                It's like liveblogging an England batting collapse.

Comment

Murdoch scum

The Walkabout is next, I presume.

Comment

Murdoch scum

The Graun's liveblog:
                                                    Johnson says new information has only come out from the beginning of this year so Yates's contention that he should not reopen the investigation in 2009 was right.
                                                    If he'd reopened the investigation, the information might have come out a lot sooner. Nick Davies has been doing Yates's job for him and he's spent the last two years slagging him off for it.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X